Flavorful, delicious baked chicken, marinated in a yogurt mixture with garlic and thyme. Your new favorite din din!
You guys. Happiest of Sundays! Hope you are doing grrrreat!
How was Valentine’s Day? Everything you expected? Was he a gentleman?! DID HE PROPOSE?!? Do tell!
I stayed in with mah lil’ girlz. My buddy, the hubby, had to work. It’s all good, though. The babes and I ate chocolate covered pretzels, Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls (again), and big slices of that Black Magic Chocolate Cake. We had a blast! Sugar-high at its best!!
Not to worry. Before attacking the chocolate, and to enhance the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we had this lovely Garlic-Yogurt Baked Chicken for dinner. I treat my girls very well, don’t I? 😉
Gonna let you in on a little secret. I like chicken, a lot. It could be the only reason why I haven’t gone the vegetarian route. If you look around zee bloggy, you’ll find a bunch of vegetarian-friendly meals, but very, very few meals that involve meat.
This is a serious, melt-in-your-mouth chicken dinner. I can’t even begin to tell you how often this appears on our table. We are all obsessed with it, including my 20-month old, Aleksandra. On a side note – that girl CAN eat! And she loves garlic! Aaaaand that makes me SO happy!!
If you’ve got some chicken on hand, and if you have a whole lotta garlic… please. Please do yourself a favor and go to that kitchen. Putting dinner together is a juggling act, I know, but it’s Sunday. Let’s do this. Don’t forget the yogurt.
P.S. All I really, really want to say is – Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! 😛
Garlic-Yogurt Baked Chicken
- 4 chicken breast halves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Lightly pound chicken just enough to even it out; do not pound it thin.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, and thyme; mix until combined.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; mix until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bowl and shake off any excess; discard yogurt mixture.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over chicken breasts.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 3
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES: