Garlic Yogurt Baked Chicken – Flavorful, delicious baked chicken, marinated in yogurt with garlic and thyme. Your new favorite din din!
The marinade takes just a couple minutes to put together and creates an absolute amazing flavor. I like to marinate the chicken breasts anywhere from 2 to 6 hours, but even 1 hour is good enough. Also? See my Beer Battered Yogurt Fried Chicken. 😍
Where are my manners?! Forgot to wish you a Happiest of Sundays! Hope you are doing grrrreat!
How was Valentine’s Day? Everything you expected? Was he a gentleman?! DID HE PROPOSE?!? Do tell!
I stayed in with mah lil’ girlz. My buddy, the hubby, had to work. It’s all good, though. The babes and I ate chocolate covered pretzels, Heart-Shaped Cinnamon Rolls (again), and big slices of that Black Magic Chocolate Cake. We had a blast! Sugar-high at its best!!
Not to worry. Before attacking the chocolate, and to enhance the spirit of Valentine’s Day, we had this lovely Garlic-Yogurt Baked Chicken for dinner. I treat my girls very well.
Gonna let you in on a little secret. I like chicken, a lot. It could be the only reason why I haven’t gone the vegetarian route. If you look around zee bloggy, you’ll find a bunch of vegetarian-friendly meals, but very, very few meals that involve meat.
This is a serious, melt-in-your-mouth chicken dinner. I can’t even begin to tell you how often this appears on our table.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC YOGURT BAKED CHICKEN:
- Combine yogurt, garlic, and thyme in a bowl and mix until combined.
- Combine yogurt mixture with chicken and refrigerate anywhere from 1 hour to 6 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a baking pan.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over chicken breasts. As in, don’t dredge the chicken breasts in crumbs – a little bit is plenty for a nice and light crunch.
- If you want to get fancy with quartered red onions and lemon slices, add those to the baking pan as well and bake for around 40-ish minutes, or until chicken is done.
If you’ve got some chicken on hand, and if you have a whole lotta garlic… please. Please do yourself a favor and go to that kitchen. Putting dinner together is a juggling act, I know, but it’s Sunday. Let’s do this. Don’t forget the yogurt.
P.S. All I really, really want to say is – Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! 😛
MORE CHICKEN RECIPES:
- Tomato Basil Baked Crispy Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Orange, Grape and Feta Salsa
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Baked Chicken Meatballs with Garlic Dill Yogurt Sauce
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 4 (16 ounces) chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Lightly pound chicken just enough to even it out; do not pound it thin.
- Place chicken in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine garlic, yogurt, and thyme; mix until combined.
- Pour yogurt mixture over chicken; mix until chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from bowl and shake off any excess; discard yogurt mixture.
- Transfer chicken to prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle panko bread crumbs over chicken breasts.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove from oven.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 3
*If you also want to add onions and lemon slices to the chicken: cut a couple of red onions into quarters and add them to the baking pan together with the chicken breasts. Do the same with some lemon slices and halved baby carrots.