This Coconut Lime Cauliflower “Rice” recipe is cooked in coconut milk, then loaded with fresh lime juice and lime zest! This is the ideal healthy side dish to any meal!
Coconut milk and Lime! 😍
Cauliflower and “RICE”! 🍚
It’s all there… the whole enchilada.
COCONUT LIME CAULIFLOWER RICE
I am OFFICIALLY fah-reaking out about cauliflower rice. It took me a while. I tried it all which ways, but never really reached that “oomph” level. That is, not until I took the flavors of the tropics and threw ’em all in there.
ohmahgah. coconut and lime and cauliflower, 4EVA ❤️ Real love triangle, right there. Especially considering that not only are the flavors and texture completely on point, but it is so healthy and so good!
You know how things go during the summer – beach and pool lounging, hanging out on the porch with your sister into the wee hours of the night, eating all the chips and dips, drinking all the strawberry pom mojitos, and all other things that you are supposed to do during these lazy summer days … until the moment you start to feel like you overdid it, and then suddenly you start to freak out and go back to your healthy-eating-ways for daaaays.
Fortunately, healthier and wiser choices are like second nature to me because I’ve conditioned myself to reach for the better stuff almost always – summer nights are an exception.
However, even when we start to make better choices and eat better, we still need food that tastes good, and healthy restaurant-copycat recipes are all about enhancing those flavors and making all our food taste DANG good.
And let’s be real. Cauliflower without pumped up flavor? PASS!
Though I should add: sometime between maybe last year and this very moment I’ve become completely obsessed with the idea of cauliflower rice and have put in a lot of practice trying to make it as flavorful as I can. SO far, Coconut Lime is pretty much the winner.
HOW TO RICE CAULIFLOWER
Here’s how all this goes down:
- Place cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-size pieces. Do not let the food processor just run because you’ll end up with white mush. Pulse Pulse Pulse. And, there’s your riced cauliflower.
- Next, heat Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a skillet; add onions, then add riced cauliflower, salt, and pepper. Saute.
- Add coconut milk; continue to saute.
- Stir in lime juice and lime zest and voila.
Let me know if you loved it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
This Coconut Lime Cauliflower "Rice" recipe is cooked in coconut milk, then loaded with fresh lime juice and lime zest! This is the ideal healthy side dish to any meal!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned organic lite coconut milk, stirred*
- 1 whole lime, zested and juiced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, for garnish, optional
- serve with lime wedges on the side, optional
- Add florets to the bowl of your food processor and PULSE until cauliflower looks like rice. You may have to do this part in batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in garlic and cauliflower rice; cook for 1 minute.
- Add coconut milk; continue to cook for about 10 minutes, or until the coconut milk is adsorbed.
- Remove from heat; stir in lime zest and juice.
- Season with salt and pepper; taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro or parsley.
- Serve with lime wedges.
*Do not use coconut milk that comes in a carton. You can get canned coconut milk at your local grocery store. Please stir it well before adding the coconut milk to the cauliflower rice.
WW Freestyle Points: 8
THIS RECIPE WAS ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED ON AUGUST 12th, 2016. POST WAS UPDATED ON JANUARY 27th, 2020.