Broccoli Cheese Veggie Dip – Cheesy, warm and creamy veggie dip that’s perfect for game days!
What’s up, pals!!! Happy weekend! I am chillin’ at a McD’s Playplace at the moment and having a cup of McD’s latte…
I’m also people-watching and the dude next to my table just offered me his fries. Kind people are awesome.
In other news, this dip is my life right now. That is, my life on game days. The textures, the flavors, and the perfect amount of broccoli and cheese…
However, while you are watching THAT game, I’m sitting over here dippin’ my broccoli and watching Macedonia play in the World Men’s Handball Championship!
I, uhh, did you just ask what Handball is!?! How dare you!! 😉
Well, for now, it’s my addiction. Also? It’s similar to basketball, but instead of a basket, there’s a net, similar to a soccer net. Thus, it’s like soccer + basketball in one.
OK, not really, but almost.
So our veggie dip here was born out of pure necessity. To save ourselves from biting off our fingers during an intense game between Macedonia and Bosnia, a dip, veggies and chips saved the day. And our fingers.
Oh my gosh, you guys. WHY did I wait this long to add broccoli to my cheese DIP?! I mean, I add broccoli to my Shells and CHEESE, so I should have figured it out by now, you know? Duh.
Just to be clear. Dipping broccoli into a broccoli dip is totally fine. Don’t listen to my other half. He snorted when he saw my veggie tray overflowing with broccoli. I’m just a broccoli-fiend and won’t deny it. If you so happen to love your chips more than anything else, dip your chip. I ain’t gonna tell. Nor judge.
Carry on, weekend warriors! Have fun, be safe and see you tomorrow!
- 3/4- cup water
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 package (8-ounces) 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups various shredded cheeses (I used mozzarella, mild cheddar and monterey jack)
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese , for topping
- Vegetables to serve with:
- cherry tomatoes
- bell peppers
- baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 375 Fahrenheit.
- Add water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add broccoli to boiling water and cover.
- Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until just tender.
- Drain and run cold water over broccoli for 1 minute, or until cold.
- In a blender, combine cooked broccoli, cream cheese, mayo, milk, shredded cheeses, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
- Process until well blended and smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a 1-quart baking dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and let stand few minutes.
WW SmartPoints: 11