Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Dip – Create this wonderful cheese dip in the slow cooker with slices of smoked sausage and delicious cheeses.
Can I please state the obvious?!? Hand-model material! Am I right or am I RIGHT!?
Also? One more obvious? THIS is theeeee last day of 2014!! How do you feel about that?
I’m still coming to terms with the fact that I was born in the previous CENTURY! Am I the only that has a problem with that?
Think about it. When Ana – my 5-year old – is old enough to understand, or grasp the meaning of time, she is going to be pretty damned surprised to learn that her Mom was born in the 20th CENTURY! 20th!! It’s soooo… weird.
At least it was during the last quarter of the 20th century.
…Trying to keep my glass half FULL.
Think I need a Mojito to get over it.
Now, let’s bust out the Slow Cooker – we need a Dip for tonight! Also, bring out some cheese. We’re gonna need 5 cups. None of which includes cubed, processed, Velveeta type stuff, m’kay? Good.
It’s been so long since we last talked DIP. To be honest, there are few things I love more than Dip; my children and hair dyes that cover-up grays.
This Cheese Dip recipe utilizes the ingredients that I always have on hand, including my dad’s homemade spicy, yummy, smoked sausages. Well, I don’t always have that on hand, but when I do, it’s on like donkey kong!
This recipe needs a total of 6 ingredients, and since we need to keep it warm and bubbly for tonight’s big NYE partaaaay, why not just whisk them all together in the crock pot and call it a day? Kind of cool, right? I truly appreciate it when I can throw everything in there and create something gooey and delicious.
Now go awn and have a wonderful time tonight. Be safe, be wise, and find a designated driver. I ♥ YOU!
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 can (14-ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (8-ounces) smoked sausage (eg: Hillshire Farms or Eckrich), sliced into thin rounds or quarters
- 1 cup milk
- 4 green onions , sliced, white parts only (reserve green parts for garnish)
- Tortilla Chips , for serving
- In the order listed, layer all ingredients into the slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Keep slow cooker on "WARM" and serve immediately.
The Cheese Dip can stay in the slow cooker for hours as long as you have it set on "WARM".
If Cheese Dip is too thick, or begins to thicken because it wasn't kept on "WARM", stir in 2 tablespoons of milk and reheat.
WW SmartPoints: 10