This tasty and lightened-up Creamy Artichoke Dip is one of my favorite appetizer dips to bring to Holiday parties! Filled with marinated artichokes and garlic, it’s creamy and cheesy and super delicious – and an instant crowd-pleaser.
Thank you, Harvest Stone® crackers, for sponsoring this post! ALL opinions are always 100% my own.
The Creamiest Homemade Artichoke Dip
I can’t be the only one who’s always amazed at how quickly the holidays sneak up on us? All of a sudden it’s time to plan dinners, mingle at cocktail hours, find time for baking, and prep party appetizers. Luckily, when it comes to the latter, I have a secret weapon that NEVER fails to please a holiday crowd: this unbelievably creamy and light, savory and garlicky homemade artichoke dip!
This recipe is both a quick holiday appetizer and a snack that you can easily whip up right before a marathon of Hallmark Christmas movies. It’s an easy recipe for a wonderfully light yet cheesy dip that needs little effort other than tossing the ingredients into a blender and then serving.
Of course, having these crunchy, flavorful Harvest Stone® crackers as a dipping vessel is the cherry on top!
What You’ll Need
This artichoke dip recipe is packed with the good stuff; cheese, garlic, herbs and a hint of acidity from lemon juice! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese: In keeping with the lightened-up theme, I use low fat cream cheese.
- Garlic: A couple cloves, minced.
- Artichokes: Marinated artichoke hearts are best. Be sure to drain them!
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated.
- Lemon Juice: Brightens the flavors and gives the dip a bit of oomph.
- Parsley: Dried or fresh, both to use in the dip as well as for garnish.
- Basil: Chopped fresh basil or dried.
- Salt & Pepper
- Crackers for Dipping: I absolutely love serving this dip with Harvest Stone® Brown Rice, Sesame and Flax Crackers!
How to Make Your Own Artichoke Dip
This easy appetizer comes together in a flash. Just a few minutes and a food processor are needed for this incredibly light and creamy artichoke dip. Here’s how you make it:
Blend: Blend the cream cheese, garlic, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor until creamy.
Season: Stir in the parsley and basil, and transfer the dip to a serving dish. Sprinkle the top with a garnish of fresh or dried parsley.
Serve: Serve your homemade artichoke dip alongside your choice of crackers or dipping vessel! See more suggestions below.
Tips for Success
- Adapt the Recipe: You can easily double or even triple this recipe depending on party size.
- Swap out the Cream Cheese: If you prefer, you can make this recipe with either sour cream or even Greek yogurt in place of cream cheese.
Add in a handful of baby spinach to instantly transform this recipe into a homemade spinach and artichoke dip! Here are other suggestions for dip add-in ingredients:
- Spicy Jalapeños
- Chopped Bacon
- Sun-dried Tomatoes
- Olive Tapenade
- Chili Flakes
Ways to Serve This Dip
I love serving this light and creamy artichoke dip with my favorite Harvest Stone® crackers. Their organic Brown Rice, Sesame & Flax Crackers are so crispy and delicious! Plus they’re non-GMO, gluten free and packed with whole grains and seeds.
For something a bit more hearty, serve this artichoke dip with slices or chunks of fresh rye, sourdough or pumpernickel bread.
You can also serve this as a veggie dip next to baby carrots, celery, snap peas, and broccoli.
How to Store Leftovers
Store leftover artichoke dip airtight in the fridge, either tightly wrapped or in a container. Artichoke dip should keep for about 3-4 days when chilled.
Can I Freeze Artichoke Dip?
This artichoke dip freezes super well and keeps for up to 3 months when stored frozen! Seal it up in an airtight freezer-safe bag or container to store, then defrost it in the fridge when ready. Be sure to give it a stir before serving!
More Cheesy Appetizer Recipes
- Slow Cooker Smoked Sausage and Cheddar Cheese Dip
- Pesto Ham and Cheese Rollups
- Broccoli Cheese Veggie Dip
- Bacon and Chives Cheese Balls
Light & Creamy Artichoke Dip
- 8 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup jarred marinated artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 box (3.54 oz) Harvest Stone Brown Rice, Sesame and Flax Crackers, for serving
- In a food processor or blender, combine cream cheese, garlic, artichoke hearts, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, salt and pepper; pulse a few times until blended and creamy.
- Stir in dried parsley and basil; transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with a bit of dried parsley.
- Serve with Harvest Stone Brown Rice, Sesame & Flax Crackers
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.