Warm, cheesy and gooey Pepperoni Pizza Dip made of cream cheese and herbs, topped with tomato sauce, chopped pepperoni and cheese.
Hey you! Happy Sunday!!
Even happier FOOTBALL SEASON!! Wooooot! DA BEARS!!!!
I made this Pepperoni Pizza Dip just for them.
It’s okay if you’re a Bengals fan, I still love you. Or a Packer… BUT, real men wear black and orange! That’s unless you’re a late 80’s, early 90’s WWF fan, then real men wear PINK! Remember that?! 🙂 Good times, good times…
I think we can all agree that one of the better things about Football Season is football food. I can’t get enough.of.it. Half of those extra 20 winter elbees come from all those game day appetizers, like Loaded Baked Potato Bites, Lasagna Dip, even my Pumpkin Hummus Dip!
Usually, I make enough game day food for at least 6 people, but sometimes, or maybe most of the time, it’s only enough for my husband and I. We attack appetizers as if they were the main course. For reals. I hope noone ever sees us watching the game together – we look like two hungry wolves, packing it all into our mouths, trying to get as much in as possible. It’s not because we’re hungry. It’s never because we’re hungry. It’s because appetizer food is damn good! Am I right? Are you with me?!
Working off of that Lasagna Dip, I first made this pizza dip for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup back in June. (Yes, we are also soccer fans. The hubs played semi-pro back in his hay day, which made him that much hotter in my eyes. :-P) Accordingly, I made enough dip to serve at least 4 people. Would you believe that he inhaled all of it before our guests even arrived! But, as he says, that’s always a good sign. I of course proceeded and made one more batch, but didn’t take it out until our friends were sitting down and drinks were served. Better safe than foodless.
If you’re sitting down to watch the games today, make this dip! Double it if you’re having people over. I’m speaking from experience. Serving sizes were made for some other planet…
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese , divided
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni sausage , you can also use packaged pepperoni
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsey
- Crackers or Chips for serving.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, garlic powder and oregano; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spread prepared cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a small 8x8 baking dish.
- Combine mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese; sprinkle half of the mixture over the cream cheese.
- Spoon tomato sauce over cheese and add chopped pepperoni.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Top with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with your choice of crackers or chips.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.