Heard there was a game coming up. I didn’t see any Bears in the promotional campaigns, thus I totally tuned out.
BUT, I totally tuned back in when I heard there wasn’t going to be a cheesehead in it, either. Score! 😛
Looks like the Bears have been cursed just like the Cubs. Yep! We will blame it on the curse. It has nothing to do with ability, sportsmanship, talent… nope, none of that. It’s just that damn curse! On a side note, I just learned that the last time the Cubs won the World Series, The Ottoman Empire was still thriving. That was a long time ago. Isn’t there a curse expiration date?
About those Bears. I think we should bring back Mike Ditka! For, like, one season. 🙂 Why not? What have we got to lose? Right… That’s what I’m saying – there’s nothing left to lose!
Bear or no Bear, I will be watching the big game. I’m going to guess and say that we will be entertained by the 49ers on one side and the Patriots on the other. What do you think?
In the meantime, don’t think too much and make these Fried Pizza Sandwiches for the Big Game. Or for the Games coming up on Sunday. They taste like a large Mozzarella Stick with a side of pepperoni and tomatoes. YUM! Your taste buds and your friends will thank you.
Fried Pizza Sandwiches
- RECIPE UPDATED
- 4 large eggs , beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying , I use Peanut Oil
- 8 sandwich-bread slices , crusts removed, cut diagonally into triangles (do not use thin sandwich bread such as the Healthy Lifestyle Low-Carb - sandwich will be soggy)
- 8 slices fresh tomato (about 1 to 2 small whole fresh tomatoes)
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese , each slice should be about 1/4-inch thick
- 16 pepperoni slices
- Combine the beaten eggs and milk in a dish. Add in salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Top 8 of the bread triangles with a slice of tomato, mozzarella, and 2 pepperoni slices.
- Cover the sandwiches with the remaining 8 slices of bread, press down on top of the sandwich and seal together the edges.
- Place the sandwiches in the egg mixture, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Seal the sandwiches again before adding them to the hot oil, one at a time.
- Fry for about 2 minutes on one side and flip it over carefully with a pair of tongs. Continue to cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Remove the sandwiches with a slotted spoon and drain well on paper towels.
We enjoy these sandwiches hot or cold.
WW SmartPoints: 4
I’m sharing this with Tidy Mom’s I’m Lovin’ It Fridays