Feta Cheese and Avocado Hummus Dip: Chickpeas blended with feta cheese and avocado. My favorite ingredients blended as one!
Can you believe I’m posting about feta ? ‘Cause, you know, I NEEEE-VER talk about feta… SYKE! (Do people still say that?! I’m so 90’s…)
Props to me; I lasted exactly 1 week before mentioning it, again. I hope you didn’t miss those Feta Cheese-Covered Olives last week, but if you did, here’s your chance to fix that. 😉
I don’t get it when people say “EWWWW” about feta. Like, are you for reals?! And, what do you mean “it smells!”? It’s CHEESE! All cheese smells!! Am I right or am I RIGHT?
Let’s talk more about this Dip. Because today is another 150% humidity day, I wanted to share something delicious and cold with you. It’s this Feta Cheese and Avocado Hummus Dip.
HOW TO MAKE FETA CHEESE AND AVOCADO HUMMUS DIP
- Gather avocados, feta cheese, a can of chickpeas, limes, olive oil, tahini paste, salt and pepper.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve with a side of pita bread chips.
You know, I’m really good at making dip(s). I find things in the fridge that look like they can be blended, then I place them in a blender and have my way with ’em. If it’s fruit, I name it a Banana Kiwi Kale Smoothie; if it’s savory, I throw chickpeas in there and call it Hot Wings Hummus.
My dad used to blend everything, too, and I remember one time he put a mango in the blender and gave it a whirl… Poor blender. Dad didn’t know that mangoes had a pit…
He’s foreign – give him a break. 🙂
This avocado hummus is easily one of my new favorites. It’s guacamole meets hummus. SO GOOD! I ate it like nobody was watching… the scene was quite barbaric.
But, this has everything a great dip needs and it tastes like the ultimate treat! Served with Stacy’s Pita Chips (they didn’t pay me to say that – I just lurrrve their chips!), this deliciousness needs to come into your life!
- 1 can (15-oz.) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados , peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 limes , juiced
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
WW SmartPoints: 8
MORE AVOCADO RECIPES:
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy