This healthy Mediterranean Cobb Salad, full of veggies, bacon, avocado, and eggs, is a satisfying, high-protein summer salad that you can throw together in just 15 minutes.
Healthy Mediterranean Cobb Salad
This salad is packed with fresh flavors and drizzled with a savory homemade dressing. It’s such a quick and easy summer side dish, plus a great recipe for those unused veggies in the crisper drawer.
From the crispy bacon to the creamy avocados, there are so many stars of this dish.
Mediterranean Cobb is one of my go-to salad recipes when I need to prepare something summery, but hearty, low carb, and delicious. It has tons of flavors and all the ingredients taste amazing together!
This salad also goes well with different meats, so it’s perfect for using up leftovers. Feel free to change up the ingredients to make your ultimate Cobb salad.
What is a Cobb Salad?
A Cobb salad is similar to a Chef’s salad. It has a base of leafy greens that are topped with meat, cheese, eggs and more veggies. This salad starts with spinach and lettuce, and it ends with a tasty yogurt dressing! Truly, this easy homemade salad is like something you’d get at a Mediterranean restaurant.
For the Salad
- Baby Spinach Leaves
- Lettuce: I use spring mix lettuce or torn romaine.
- Bacon: Cook the bacon to your desired crispiness and crumble it up!
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Roma Tomatoes
- Avocado: Peel your avocado, remove the pit and dice it.
- Feta Cheese
- Black Olives
For the Dressing
- Milk: This thins out your dressing a bit. You could also use lemon juice, olive oil, or water.
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh Parsley
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make this Cobb Salad
- Combine Salad Ingredients: In a large salad bowl, combine spinach, lettuce, crumbled bacon, diced eggs, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and olives.
- Make Dressing: In a separate mixing bowl, combine yogurt, milk, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper; whisk to combine. Taste your dressing and adjust it accordingly.
- Assemble & Serve: Drizzle the dressing over your salad, serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Cobb Salad
- Finely Dice Veggies: To disperse your vegetables throughout the salad, dice them and mix well so each bite has all the flavors and texture.
- Season to Taste: Be sure to give your dressing a taste before you drizzle it over your salad and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve Immediately: This Cobb salad is best served right when you make it. If you want to make it ahead of time, refrigerate prepared ingredients separately and combine them when you’re ready to serve.
This dish goes great with all sorts of summer classics! Here’s what I love to serve it with:
- Chicken: My Healthy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are easy to make, and they taste wonderful with this salad.
- Steak: If you’re aiming to please a crowd, serve your salad with this juicy Oven Grilled Steak!
- Cocktails: When I’m eating a healthy salad, I think it’s only fair to indulge in a sweet dessert cocktail too. My Sorbet Rosé Floats are fun, summery and really delicious.
- Fish: This 20-minute Honey Garlic Salmon is a wonderful main dish to serve with a Cobb salad.
More Cobb Salad Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Mediterranean Cobb Salad
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce, or torn romaine lettuce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked to a crisp and crumbled
- 3 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced (you can also use cherry tomatoes)
- 1 avocado, peeled, pit removed, and diced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk, or use lemon juice, olive oil, or water
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- In a large salad bowl, combine spinach and lettuce; top with crumbled bacon, diced eggs, tomatoes, avocado, cheese and olives.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Taste the dressing and adjust accordingly. If you need to thin out the dressing, whisk in a bit more milk, or lemon juice, or olive oil.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and serve!
- Salad Bowl
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.