This post is sponsored by my favorite and always delicious STAR FINE FOODS; maker of awesome Olive Oils, Vinegars, olives, glazes, capers, anchovies, and the list goes ON and ON! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
Salmon Cobb Salad with Spinach and Feta – Tender spinach and romaine lettuce topped with delicious oven-baked salmon, tomatoes, eggs, bacon, avocados and feta, all tossed together with a tangy lemon-mustard dressing.
It’s about time we turn to salads. I mean… I’m wearing short sleeves for goodness sake! Yes, short. sleeves. Thank you, March, for changing your cold mind and greeting me with 50 degrees these days! I ♥ you!
Oh HI pal! What a lovely start to March it has been. I’ve reacquainted myself with my short sleeve t-shirts and skinny jeans that seem to have somehow shrunken in the closet. I mean… jeans shrink when you haven’t worn them in a while… correct? It can’t be because I have been hibernating all winter long and stuffing my face with warm, comfy foods all while neglecting the treadmill??
Naaaaah. It has NAH-THING to do with that. Nada. OH look, DONUTS!
errrr, never mind. It’s a salad! Just what my skinny jeans need…
This Salmon Cobb Salad is me finding a solution to leftovers. My food brain dreamed up this salad after a super awesome meal which included my all-time favorite One Sheet Pan Garlic Roasted Salmon with Brussels Sprouts. I LOVE that stuff! But because I baked a 3 pound fish, we had enough salmon for 2 nights in a row.
And with the help of my STAR Fine Foods collection of Olive Oils and Vinegars, I was able to come up with a totally different win-win din-din the next day.
Using STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil and STAR Red Wine Vinegar is a quick and easy way to enhance foods without adding extra calories, fat or salt. Their Red Wine Vinegar is aged and filtered and made through the acetous fermentation of a selected blend of red wines.
A blend of said red wine vinegar + olive oil + lemon juice + garlic + mustard = a no-fuss, super easy, tangy lemon dressing that goes very well with salmon.
All I’m saying is, this is really good news on the salmon cobb salad front. Because there is a salmon cobb salad front…. we’re looking right at it. We’re going to make it all fancy by sprinkling the fish with garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil before it goes in the oven for a short amount of time, or just enough time to get all your other ingredients on a big plate over fresh greens.
Essentially, we are going to trust ourselves to fry some turkey bacon, boil a few eggs, slice up an avocado, crumble some feta cheese, and cut up handfuls of cherry tomatoes. This may seem like a lot of work, but it ain’t. Just grab a good sharp knife and follow my lead.
STAR Red Wine Vinegar is available at select Safeway, Kroger, Save Mart, Food 4 Less, Vons, Smart & Final, Roundy’s, Randalls, Sherm’s, Schnucks, King Soopers, Fred Myer, Ralphs and Smith’s stores and online at http://bit.ly/RedWineVinegar
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 4 (3 to 4 ounces each) salmon fillets
- STAR Olive oil
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs , cut in slices
- 4 slices turkey bacon , cooked to a desired crispness and crumbled
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1/2 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese
- 1 avocado , cut in slices
- 1 lemon , cut in slices
- 1/4 cup STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons STAR Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a roasting pan or baking sheet with foil.
- Drizzle some oil over the top of each salmon, just enough to coat the salmon.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt and pepper, and rub in the minced garlic.
- Place salmon in previously prepared pan, skin-side down; transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 15 to 18 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- Arrange baby spinach and lettuce in a large salad bowl.
- Top with prepared salmon, eggs, crumbled bacon, tomatoes, feta and avocado. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl or a jar with a lid combine extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce, mustard, minced garlic, salt and pepper; whisk until thoroughly incorporated. If using a jar, close it with a lid and shake the jar until well combined.
- Pour dressing over the salad, garnish with lemon slices, and serve.
WW SMART POINTS: 13
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!