Cobb Salad Recipe – This classic American main-dish salad is packed with chicken, avocado, sweet tomatoes, crunchy bacon, blue cheese, and eggs, all topped with a lightened-up blue cheese dressing.
Today we are talking about the DREAMIEST and all-American Cobb Salad! It only gets better if you STILL have Easter-eggs sitting in the fridge from almost a week ago… This is why we’re friends! 😉
Hey Hi Hello! TGIF! Happy April Fools’ Day! I have nothing to fool you with because I ain’t that clever. Besides, it’s been a Spring-break type of week around here and I am over and done with things like, “MOM! I’m bored!” “MOOOOM! She hit me!” “MOM! What does the “S” word mean?”
…I’m just tired, yo. AND it rained all week. We had a full two hours of bike rides over the span of 5 days. Not cool, mother nature, not cool.
On the bright side, I made a bunch of Cobb Salad wraps and we all lived happily ever after for an entire 7 minutes during grub-time!
Say what? You don’t roll your cobb salad in a wrap?! Why NOT?! Ugh… Well. Now you will! 😉 Just lots of delicious flavors packed into a teeny roll.
Cobb Salad happens to be my favorite main dish salad, and that’s a lot to say because I make lots of salads. However, the Cobb has some of my favorite ingredients: chicken, bacon, egg, tomatoes, blue cheese and avocado, to name a few… or all.
Also, when made on the fly, it can be the best solution to a bunch of leftovers, making it a really filling and insanely flavorful lunch/snack/dinner.
The best part? The dressing! It’s not a buttermilk-dressing, as the classic should be, but it is made with plain non-fat yogurt + blue cheese + white vinegar, and it tastes ah.may.zing!
A Cobb salad may sound like a healthier option, but more often than not, it’s loaded with calories. Chock full of bacon, cheese, and fatty dressing, you can easily eat up half your recommended calories for the day in just one sitting, especially if you don’t pay attention to the serving-size. But, with a few swaps, this lightened up version hits all the notes you love about the classic and it tastes great! I promise.
Moral of the story is that this is the perrrrfect salad-meal, especially when you’re stuck with a bunch of hard boiled eggs and it’s raining out. I don’t even know how those two things go together, but it’s a thing. Yes, it is. Let’s eat.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 3/4- cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 10 cups mixed salad greens
- 8 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast
- 4 slices turkey bacon , cooked to a desired crispness and crumbled
- 3 large hard boiled eggs , sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a mixing bowl; whisk together until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Arrange salad greens on a large plate.
- Arrange chicken, bacon, egg, tomatoes, avocado, and blue cheese on top of the salad greens.
- Drizzle the salad with previously prepared dressing.
- Heat low-carb flour tortilla wraps in the microwave.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the dressing over each flour tortilla.
- Place a few salad greens in the middle of the flour tortilla.
- Add some chicken, a bit of crumbled bacon, couple slices of eggs, some tomatoes, a slice of avocado, and sprinkle with crumbled blue cheese.
- Roll it up tightly; cut in half and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 10
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!