Apples and Cheddar Chicken Salad Recipe – Apples, cheddar cheese and walnuts pack a delicious crunchy bite in this Chicken Salad with Honey Yogurt Dressing.
It’s like Fall Harvest in your bowl!
Heeeey, guys! Happy Fri-YAY! Welcome to my food sanctuary – I’m so happy to see you!
Real life: I made this chicken salad in the middle of Summer and ate the entire thing. I know, I know. Eating in-season food is better for you, but it’s apples and cheese… I mean, come awwwn.
I made it again, just so I could share it with you, and this time, I ate the entire thing myself, again. No, not in one sitting, but for lunch and dinner, in the same day. Cannot. get. enough.
Seriously. I do not know how to add MORE flavor over green salad leaves, besides adding bacon, maybe? Which I sort of want to do and you probably should? Just an idea.
Look up there at those downright ADORABLE little cheddar squares that took me two hours to cut up into perfectly squared slices. Are you asking yourself why I didn’t just go and buy cubed cheddar? Because I’m cheap. That’s the truth. There, I said it and I’m proud of it.
Here’s the thing. Do you know how strongly I feel about apples and cheddar, together? In my heart of hearts, I believe that it goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Bacon and eggs. Avocado and toast. Cheech and Chong. Err. Where did that come from!? Too much Comedy Central up in here…
Anywho. Over this lovely fresh chicken salad we have: crunchy walnuts, Granny Smiths!, juicy leftover chicken breasts, bites of cheddar cheeeeeeese!, and a cool, sweet, perfectly flavored Honey Yogurt Dressing.
Take this salad to a potluck or just eat it all yourself, just as I did. You won’t be in the wrong.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
WATCH HOW TO MAKE APPLES AND CHEDDAR CHICKEN SALAD
- 2 to 3 Romaine Hearts , chopped
- 3 grilled or cooked (leftovers) chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 Granny Smith Apples , cored and thinly sliced
- 2 Red Delicious Apples , cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2- cup nonfat plain yogurt (I use Dannon)
- 1/4- cup eggless mayo (I use Hellmann's Dressing and Sandwich Spread)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons organic honey
- chopped fresh parsley , for garnish
- Place chopped romaine salad in a large salad bowl.
- Add chicken strips, cheddar cheese, apples and walnuts over salad greens. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, eggless mayo, and honey; stir until completely and thoroughly combined. Taste and adjust accordingly.
- Pour salad dressing over salad.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
WW Smart Points: 9