Oven Baked Chicken – These juicy oven baked chicken breasts come out perfect each and every time! Say goodbye to dry chicken with this easy recipe for tender and flavorful chicken breasts.
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
My quest for juicy baked chicken breasts recipe continues. Truthfully, I don’t know if I’ll ever stop searching for new ways to make simple baked chicken. HOWEVER, this Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts recipe MIGHT have changed my mind.
Slap me silly, but I had no idea that brining chicken breasts in salted water for 20 minutes results in over-the-top delicious chicken! Did you all know that? I mean, seriously. HOW simple is that? WHY didn’t I know?!
Instead of marinating chicken breasts for 20 to 30 minutes, you just brine them in salted water. THAT IS ALL. Goodbye.
Scouts honor, with this trick, you will never again eat another piece of dry, bland chicken breast. IF brining is not your thing, check out my recipe for Easy Baked Chicken Breasts that are extra juicy and full of flavor!
Looking for a quick stove top chicken? Grab my recipe for Juicy Stove Top Chicken Breasts.
SIMPLE BRINE FOR CHICKEN
- Take 4 chicken breasts and put them in a large bowl.
- Pour 4 cups lukewarm water (about 90 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit) in a separate large cup or bowl and add 1/4 cup salt; stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
HOW TO MAKE JUICY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN BREASTS
- When ready, pour out the brine, then take each chicken piece and rinse under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange chicken breasts in a 9×13 baking dish; rub olive oil all over each chicken breast and set aside.
HOMEMADE CHICKEN BREAST SEASONING
- Prepare the seasoning by mixing together salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, and dried parsley.
- Rub the seasoning all over each chicken breast.
HOW LONG TO BAKE CHICKEN BREASTS
- Transfer your chicken to the oven and cook at 425˚F for 22 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165˚F. Thinner breasts will need less time, thicker breasts might need a little more time in the oven. Start checking for doneness at the 20 minute mark.
As you can see, this method requires the simplest, easiest way to bake moist and tender chicken breasts in the oven. What’s even better is that the chicken is just as tender and juicy even after refrigerating for 3 days.
If you have tricks and tips for baked chicken breasts, I’d LOVE to hear about it in the comments!
SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN BREASTS
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Balsamic Roasted Cabbage Steaks
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Garlic Butter Asparagus Pasta
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE CHICKEN RECIPES
- One Dish Chicken Bake
- Baked Garlic Butter Chicken
- The Best Grilled Lemon Chicken
- One Skillet Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Skillet Chicken in White Wine Sauce
Juicy Oven Baked Chicken Breasts
FOR THE CHICKEN BREASTS
- 4 (1 pound) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups lukewarm water about 90 to 105 degrees Fahrenheit
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
CHICKEN SEASONING BLEND
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (optional - chicken will have absorbed some of the salt from the salted water)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place chicken breasts in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup or a mixing bowl combine lukewarm water and salt; stir and pour over chicken breasts. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. You can also also cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the Chicken Seasoning Blend.
- Combine salt, fresh ground pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried basil, dried rosemary, and dried parsley in a small bowl; using a fork, stir around the seasonings until thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Pour out the salt water and rinse each chicken breasts under cold water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and rub the olive oil all over each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle seasoning blend evenly over the chicken breasts on all sides. You don't have to use the entire seasoning blend; use as much as you like.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 22 to 25 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Thinner breasts will need less time, thicker breasts might need a little more time in the oven. Start checking for doneness at the 20 minute mark.
- For a browned, crispy top, set your oven to broil on high for the final 4 minutes and broil the chicken until golden on top.
- Remove from oven and transfer chicken breasts to a serving plate.
- Let chicken rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- Refrigerate cooked and completely cooled chicken breasts in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Wrap each cooked chicken breast in plastic wrap, then add a layer of aluminum foil over the plastic wrap.
- Transfer the wrapped chicken breasts to a freezer bag and freeze for 4 months.
- When ready to use, remove from freezer and set in the fridge overnight to thaw out.