Creamy Cucumber Salad – Light, delicious, and refreshing summer salad, perfect for all those awesome outdoor barbecues and picnics!
It’s the most wonderful time of the yeaaaaar! SALAD SEASON!!
Hello my darling friends! How’s it going?! I *just* made my bed, splashed some water on my face, brewed that pot of coffee, and got to work.
Great thing about my work is that it’s 6 steps from the kitchen. I can hear the coffee brewing AND I can smell my bacon and eggs coming together. It’s gunna be a good day today!
This post is sponsored by STAR FINE FOODS! Thank YOU, friends, for supporting the brands that make Diethood possible!
I did two things accidentally (on purpose) this week; I ate a bag of chocolate covered pretzels , and I made this creamy cucumber salad WITH yogurt in place of mayo to balance it all out.
As long as we’re being honest, let me introduce you to my new fave; this beautiful bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Borges.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL USES
It’s perfect when used in salad dressings, it’s great in marinades and bread dips, as well as a good oil for roasting. It provides the perfect flavor for any dish, from veggies to meats, and to this delicious creamy dressing that you and I are going to make together;
With that said, I bring you sunshine in a dish:
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY CUCUMBER SALAD
This creamy cucumber salad starts with a delicious English cucumber and thinly sliced red onions. It’s very simple, clearly, but that dressing is going to bring it up a whole lot of notches.
In the dressing, we include yogurt, lots o’ dill, garlic, dijon mustard, and just a few other fixins to make it all flawless and delightful.
This salad deserves to be a summer staple. And also, here’s a secret; it all tastes waaaay better when it’s cold.
BORGES EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL is available at Ralphs, Bashas, Smith’s, King Soopers, Fry’s, and Kroger (Texas).
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Creamy Cucumber Salad
- FOR THE SALAD
- 2 English cucumbers, sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoons Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Combine sliced cucumbers and onions in a salad bowl; set aside.
- Combine yogurt, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, dill, parsley, salt and pepper in a jar fit with a lid; close the jar and shake it until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Check for consistency and add more olive oil to thin it out; add more yogurt to thicken it.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Drizzle salad dressing over cucumbers and onions; toss to coat.
- Serve cold.