Easy, delicious, and wonderfully creamy chicken salad recipe packed with nuts and cranberries mixed in a zesty blend of yogurt, mayo, and dill.
This Creamy Dill Chicken Salad is crunchy, cool, and SO refreshing! It also makes THE BEST chicken salad sandwiches, especially on whole wheat or dark rye bread.
Also? I LOVE it when it’s just scooped onto lettuce wraps. I’m alone in that, the rest of the fam is addicted to bread, but whatevs. I like to use up my carbs on Wine Slushies. #truth
The tender chicken, crunchy walnuts, and sweet dried cranberries in each bite are hard to top. Trust me, this salad will soon become your summertime go-to. Lunch time, too, because it keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To be honest, I think it tastes even better after sitting in the fridge for a day.
Another great thing about this creamy dill chicken salad is in that it’s very simple to make. Sometimes the best approach is the simplest one, right?
WHAT CAN YOU ADD TO CHICKEN SALAD?
There’s definitely more than one way to make a chicken salad, but I like to add in a mix of chopped leftover baked chicken breasts, walnuts, dried cranberries, and a handful of feta cheese.
Sidenote: the leftover meat from a roast or rotisserie chicken is also a great option for this salad.
For the dressing, I use just a couple tablespoons of light mayonnaise, plain yogurt, a good dose of fresh chopped dill and basil, as well as garlic, lemon juice, and some vinegar.
If you don’t have fresh dill, or just simply can’t stand it, use whatever fresh herb(s) you have on hand.
All of that is mixed together to create a refreshing combination of ingredients to satisfy (my) your taste buds.
Filled with bold flavors and easy ingredients, only thing left to do is make a bunch of sandwiches and lettuce wraps to bring to the party. OR to work. (Girl’s gotta eat!)
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE THESE CHICKEN SALAD RECIPES:
Cranberry Chicken Salad with Light Dijon Parmesan Dressing
Rosemary Chicken Salad with Avocado and Bacon
Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Creamy Dill Chicken Salad with Nuts and Cranberries
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (completely cooled)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- whole wheat or rye sandwich bread OR lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps
- In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, cranberries, walnuts, and feta cheese; set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, dill, basil, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper; whisk until well combined.
- Add the dressing to the chicken mixture and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve on bread slices or spoon onto lettuce wraps.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
15 comments on “Creamy Dill Chicken Salad with Nuts and Cranberries”
This sounds so new and delicious. Definitely will try this for my family!
This is extremely similar to my chicken salad but I use golden raisins instead of cranberries since I almost always have raisins on hand. I also go light on the dill and sometimes add chopped Fuji apples as well.
I love the flavors in this-sound so yummy!
I always have leftover rotisserie chicken, love having new ways to use it up.
Wow this chicken salad looks so creamy and delicious!