These easy Berry Wine Slushies are a refreshing blend of frozen berries and wine. This cocktail recipe is the hottest cool drink of the summer!
Friends! Let’s get this summer party started with a bottle of wine and frozen berries blended to a slushy deliciousness!
This time of year, we can’t get enough of summer fruits and frozen drinks, thus when it comes to cocktails, you pretty much can’t go wrong with a wine slushy. For the kids and the anti-wine crowd, I like to whip up a batch of Blueberry Kiwi Slushies.
A boozy slushy is probably one of the easiest drinks to make because it only involves 2 main ingredients + ice cubes.
INGREDIENTS FOR WINE SLUSHIES
- frozen berries
- your pick: Chardonnay, Moscato, Riesling, Prosecco, or Rosè
Sidenote: think about all the antioxidants up in those berries! AND, according to studies, wine is really really good for you… so… SCORE! (I hope that good-for-you-wine includes Rosé)
HOW TO MAKE WINE SLUSHIES
- Combine frozen berries and wine in a blender and process until completely blended.
- Add ice and continue to “blend” until mixture is slushy.
- Because not all blenders come in one size, I recommend to blend the wine and berries together, first, and then pour out half of that mixture in a separate cup and set aside.
- Add a cup of ice cubes to the mixture that’s still in the blender and process until slushy. Pour that out into prepared wine glasses and repeat the process with the rest of the berries/wine mixture.
- Serve in chilled wine glasses.
You can also add a shot of raspberry liqueur, like Chambord, or a shot of orange liqueur. YUM!
MORE SUMMER COCKTAIL RECIPES
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Berry Wine Slushies
- 1 pound frozen berries
- 1 bottle (750ml) wine (Chardonnay, Moscato, Riesling, Prosecco, or Rosé)
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- chilled wine glasses
- Combine frozen berries and wine in a blender and process until completely blended together.
- Pour out half of the mixture and set aside.
- Add 1 cup ice cubes to the mixture inside the blender and blend until slushy. Use more ice if you like a slushier, thicker consistency.
- Pour into chilled wine glasses.
- Add the remaining mixture of frozen berries and wine to the blender; add the rest of the ice cubes and blend until slushy.
- Fill up the rest of the chilled wine glasses and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.