Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad – Quick and healthy stuffed avocados loaded with a delicious chicken, avocado, and bacon salad tossed in a refreshing lemon dressing.
Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad is an easy, good-for-you meal that takes minutes to prepare, and it’s especially quick if you have some leftover baked chicken or rotisserie chicken. Perfect for lunch or a quick snack, these chicken and bacon salad stuffed avocados are low carb, gluten free, keto and paleo approved!
I LOVE avocados, I love bacon, I love chicken, it just stands to reason that I mucho LOVE this recipe!
After a lovely lunch that consisted of 4 halves of my Deviled Avocados, I figured it was time to change up a few things and incorporate a chicken salad.
To prepare this delicious and impressive stuffed avocado recipe, all you’re going to need is:
- Avocados… yep!
- cooked chicken breasts
- and green onions
FOR THE LEMON DRESSING, you will need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and adjust the seasonings to taste.
HOW TO STUFF AN AVOCADO
Rich and loaded with nutrients, stuffed avocados are the perfect vehicle to load up with your favorite healthy ingredients.
- To begin, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Carefully scoop out the avocado flesh and cut into cubes; transfer to a mixing bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the avocados AND the empty avocado shells so they do not brown.
- Dice up some cooked chicken and add it to the salad bowl.
- Cook bacon to a desired crispness; crumble it, and add it to the salad bowl.
- Take three to four green onions and slice both, white and green parts. Add the white parts to the salad bowl and keep the green parts for garnish.
- Toss the salad with the prepared lemon dressing, taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Then, grab a spoon and stuff the prepared chicken bacon salad back into the empty avocado shells.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt, if desired, garnish with dried parsley and green onions, and serve.
I could seriously eat 4 of these in one sitting. I actually might have done that. In all honesty, I can’t resist the texture! Never mind that it’s as delicious as an avocado can get, but the textures of the crunchy bacon and green onions, plus the buttery avocado, and tender chicken – it’s just so much goodness all in one bite.
THAT is what will have you morning-dreaming up until lunch time.
MORE AVOCADO SALAD RECIPES:
- Avocado Feta Cheese Orzo Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Very Berry Avocado Salad
- Olives and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Quick and healthy stuffed avocados loaded with a delicious chicken, avocado, and bacon salad tossed in a refreshing lemon dressing.
- 12 slices low sodium turkey bacon or low sodium bacon
- 3 whole avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups diced or shredded baked chicken breasts OR rotisserie chicken
- 3 green onions, washed, trimmed, and sliced (keep the sliced green parts for garnish)
- plain nonfat yogurt or low fat sour cream, optional
- dried parsley, for garnish, optional
- cracked black pepper, for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Cook the bacon to a desired crispness; when cool enough to handle, crumble it into a salad bowl.
Cut the avocados, remove the pits, and carefully scoop out the flesh.
Dice up the avocado flesh and add it to the salad bowl.
Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the diced avocados and the empty avocado shells to prevent from browning.
In the salad bowl, mix in the diced or shredded chicken and the white part of the sliced green onions. Set aside.
Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl; adjust the seasonings to taste and pour it over the salad.
Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings.
Using a spoon, scoop out the prepared chicken bacon salad and fill the empty avocado shells.
If desired, add a dollop of plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream.
Garnish with sliced green onions, dried parsley and cracked black pepper.
You can prepare the salad ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use. I suggest no more than over night and up to 24 hours.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 10