Quick and healthy stuffed avocados loaded with a delicious chicken, avocado, and bacon salad tossed in a refreshing lemon dressing. Perfect lunch idea!
What are Chicken Stuffed Avocados?
Change up your usual meals with our Chicken-Stuffed Avocados.
This Stuffed Avocados Recipe with chicken and bacon salad is an easy, good-for-you meal that takes minutes to prepare, and it’s especially quick if you have some leftover baked chicken or rotisserie chicken. Perfect for lunch or a quick snack, these chicken and bacon salad stuffed avocados are low-carb, gluten-free, keto, and paleo approved!
I LOVE avocados, I love bacon, I love chicken, it just stands to reason that I mucho LOVE this recipe!
Ingredients For Stuffed Avocados
After a lovely lunch that consisted of 4 halves of my Deviled Avocados, I figured it was time to change up a few things and incorporate a salad. To prepare the avocados, you will need:
- cooked shredded chicken & bacon
- green onions
- lemons & garlic
- olive oil
- oregano, salt, and pepper
How To Make Chicken Stuffed Avocados
Rich and loaded with nutrients, stuffed avocados are the perfect vehicle to load up with your favorite healthy ingredients.
- To begin, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Carefully scoop out the avocado flesh and cut it into cubes; transfer to a mixing bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the avocados AND the empty avocado shells so they do not brown.
- Dice up some cooked chicken and add it to the salad bowl. Cook bacon to a desired crispness; crumble it, and add it to the salad bowl.
- Take three to four green onions and slice both, white and green parts. Add the white parts to the salad bowl and keep the green parts for garnish.
- Toss the salad with the prepared lemon dressing, taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Then, grab a spoon and stuff the prepared chicken bacon salad back into the empty avocado shells.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt, if desired, garnish with dried parsley and green onions, and serve.
This recipe offers a refreshing twist on your typical chicken or avocado dish, introducing you to a world of taste that’s both familiar and different. So whether you’re looking to jazz up your lunches or surprise your dinner guests with something new, these Chicken-Stuffed Avocados promise a delicious meal.
I could seriously eat 4 of these in one sitting. I actually might have done that. In all honesty, I can’t resist the texture! Never mind that it’s as delicious as an avocado can get, but the textures of the crunchy bacon and green onions, plus the buttery avocado, and tender chicken – it’s just so much goodness all in one bite.
More Avocado Salads
- Avocado Feta Cheese Orzo Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Very Berry Avocado Salad
- Olives and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad
- 12 slices low sodium bacon, you can also use turkey bacon
- 3 whole avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups diced or shredded baked chicken breasts, or shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 green onions, washed, trimmed, and sliced (keep the sliced green parts for garnish)
- plain nonfat yogurt or low fat sour cream, optional
- dried parsley, for garnish, optional
- cracked black pepper, for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon to a desired crispness; when cool enough to handle, crumble it into a salad bowl.
- Cut the avocados, remove the pits, and carefully scoop out the flesh.
- Dice up the avocado flesh and add it to the salad bowl.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the diced avocados and the empty avocado shells to prevent from browning.
- In the salad bowl, mix in the diced or shredded chicken and the white part of the sliced green onions. Set aside.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl; adjust the seasonings to taste and pour it over the salad.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the prepared chicken bacon salad and fill the empty avocado shells.
- If desired, add a dollop of plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, parsley, and cracked black pepper.
- You can prepare the salad ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to use. I suggest no more than overnight and up to 24 hours.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.