Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad – Quick and healthy stuffed avocados loaded with a delicious chicken, avocado, and bacon salad tossed in a refreshing lemon dressing. Perfect keto lunch idea!
This Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad is an easy, good-for-you meal that takes minutes to prepare, and it’s especially quick if you have some leftover baked chicken or rotisserie chicken. Perfect for lunch or a quick snack, these chicken and bacon salad stuffed avocados are low carb, gluten free, keto and paleo approved!
I LOVE avocados, I love bacon, I love chicken, it just stands to reason that I mucho LOVE this recipe!
Besides, a weekly meal plan that included a Creamy Lemon Chicken AND a Creamy Pan Seared Salmon, it begged to be followed by a week that involves a Steak SALAD and today’s Stuffed Avocados.
After a lovely lunch that consisted of 4 halves of my Deviled Avocados, I figured it was time to change up a few things and incorporate a chicken salad.
To prepare this delicious stuffed avocado recipe, all you’re going to need is:
- Avocados… yep!
- cooked chicken breasts
- and green onions
FOR THE LEMON DRESSING, you will need:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- dried oregano
- salt and pepper
Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl and adjust the seasonings to taste.
HOW TO STUFF AN AVOCADO
Rich and loaded with nutrients, stuffed avocados are the perfect vehicle to load up with your favorite healthy ingredients.
- To begin, cut the avocados in half and remove the pit.
- Carefully scoop out the avocado flesh and cut into cubes; transfer to a mixing bowl and squeeze lemon juice over the avocados AND the empty avocado shells so they do not brown.
- Dice up some cooked chicken and add it to the salad bowl.
- Cook bacon to a desired crispness; crumble it, and add it to the salad bowl.
- Take three to four green onions and slice both, white and green parts. Add the white parts to the salad bowl and keep the green parts for garnish.
- Toss the salad with the prepared lemon dressing, taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. Then, grab a spoon and stuff the prepared chicken bacon salad back into the empty avocado shells.
- Top with a dollop of yogurt, if desired, garnish with dried parsley and green onions, and serve.
I could seriously eat 4 of these in one sitting. I actually might have done that. In all honesty, I can’t resist the texture! Never mind that it’s as delicious as an avocado can get, but the textures of the crunchy bacon and green onions, plus the buttery avocado, and tender chicken – it’s just so much goodness all in one bite.
THAT is what will have you morning-dreaming up until lunch time.
MORE AVOCADO SALAD RECIPES:
- Avocado Feta Cheese Orzo Salad
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Very Berry Avocado Salad
- Olives and Avocado Salad with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad
- 12 slices low sodium turkey bacon or low sodium bacon
- 3 whole avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cups diced or shredded baked chicken breasts OR rotisserie chicken
- 3 green onions, washed, trimmed, and sliced (keep the sliced green parts for garnish)
- plain nonfat yogurt or low fat sour cream, optional
- dried parsley, for garnish, optional
- cracked black pepper, for garnish, optional
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook the bacon to a desired crispness; when cool enough to handle, crumble it into a salad bowl.
- Cut the avocados, remove the pits, and carefully scoop out the flesh.
- Dice up the avocado flesh and add it to the salad bowl.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the diced avocados and the empty avocado shells to prevent from browning.
- In the salad bowl, mix in the diced or shredded chicken and the white part of the sliced green onions. Set aside.
- Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl; adjust the seasonings to taste and pour it over the salad.
- Taste the salad and adjust the seasonings.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the prepared chicken bacon salad and fill the empty avocado shells.
- If desired, add a dollop of plain nonfat yogurt or sour cream.
- Garnish with sliced green onions, dried parsley and cracked black pepper.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
19 comments on “Stuffed Avocados with Chicken Bacon Salad”
How… do you eat it? You can’t eat the avocado skin, right? So not finger food, but maybe fork food?
Yep, don’t eat the skin. 😃 Just take a fork to it.
That stuffed avocados with chicken bacon salad looks absolutely fantastic. Beautiful photos, too. I look forward to trying this.
Legit speechless, that stuffed avocados with chicken bacon salad recipe looks unreal! Definitely, I will make it on the weekend for my family.
This was great, BUT like most low carb recipes I have tried lately, the calories seem to be pretty considerably underestimated according to my calorie counting app (100 calories more than the nutrition facts indicate) even though I was able to get 8 full servings out of this recipe instead of 6. Anyone have a similar issue?
These look to die for. Omg two of my favorite things in one!
So healthy and delicious! Need to make these ASAP!
This is EXCELLENT! I have made this three times already, but the only difference is that I end up tossing everything with romaine lettuce. Brought this to a BBQ and got RAVE reviews on it. I do use more garlic in the dressing and added a few sprinkles each of cayenne pepper and paprika and used sea salt instead of kosher salt to bring out the lemony flavor. I just started Keto two weeks ago and this is definitely one of my fave things to eat so far! THANK YOU!
To of my favorites together! Avocado and chicken salad! That dressing!!! Wooooo