One Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus – Delicious, bright, and simple, this lemon chicken recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal made entirely in just one skillet and in under 30 minutes. The creamy sauce with the seared chicken and asparagus is a mouthwatering combination that everyone loves!
Creamy Lemon Chicken is super easy and fast to make, and the sauce is absolutely amazing! Prepared with half & half, lemon juice, garlic, and cheese, the creamy lemon sauce makes this meal irresistible!
It’s gourmet food made right at home! It is also one of my personal favorites, right next to that other Creamy Garlic Basil Chicken recipe. Judging by the popularity of that recipe, I know you’ll LOVE this one just as much, if not more.
Then there’s the asparagus, my top choice for a green vegetable in any creamy chicken meal. I like to include it in just about everything else, too, right after my other pick, zee broccoli. 🥦
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY LEMON CHICKEN
- We are going to season our chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and your choice of dried herbs. Couple teaspoons of Italian Seasoning is a great choice.
- We will then add our chicken to a skillet with warmed olive oil, and cook until done; about 7-ish minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and set aside.
HOW TO PREPARE THE ASPARAGUS
- Add butter, onions, and trimmed asparagus to the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, or until just tender.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY LEMON SAUCE with CHICKEN
- Combine half & half, flour, lemon juice, grated parmesan cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Stir the prepared sauce into the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken breasts back to the skillet and lower heat to a simmer.
- Continue to cook for few more minutes, or until heated through.
Only one thing left to do – add some lemon slices to our creamy lemon chicken and serve. A sprinkle of parsley + fresh parmesan cheese should also seal the deal. 🧀
MORE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES:
- One Pot Lemon Chicken and Potatoes Recipe
- The Best Grilled Lemon Chicken Recipe
- Crock Pot Honey Lemon Chicken
- Lemon Paprika Chicken
- Lemon Pepper Chicken with Creamy Capers Sauce
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
One Skillet Creamy Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
Delicious, bright, and simple, this lemon chicken recipe is the perfect easy weeknight meal made entirely in just one skillet and in under 30 minutes.
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (1 pound) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into thirds
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 cup fat free half & half (you can also use low fat evaporated milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 whole lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- lemon slices for garnish
- chopped parsley for garnish
- freshly grated parmesan for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning and add to skillet.
Cook chicken for about 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet and set aside.
Add butter to the skillet and melt over medium heat.
Add asparagus and onions to skillet; cook for 4 minutes, or until just tender.
In the meantime, combine half & half, flour, cheese, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the prepared sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Place prepared chicken back in the skillet and lower heat to a simmer.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until asparagus is tender and chicken is heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat.
Spoon sauce over chicken breasts and top with lemon slices.
- Garnish with parsley and cheese.
WW SMART POINTS: 5