This Creamy Pan Seared Salmon Recipe makes a restaurant quality dinner right at home! Flaky salmon smothered in a flavor-packed, creamy sauce that’s ready in only 30 minutes!
AN EASY PAN SEARED SALMON RECIPE
Creamy Pan Seared Salmon with Tomatoes and Spinach is a rich and filling meal, perfect for a quick dinner cooked in just one pan and in under 30 minutes! It is one of the easiest and tastiest, restaurant-quality dinners you will ever make.
Salmon… is the reason why I can eat the recommended amount of fish week after week. This fish is an easy way to get more heart-healthy Omega-3 fatty acids into your diet. It’s especially easier when I can prepare it all in just one skillet. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, just the way we like it.
Bonus? The cream-less creamy sauce!! The amazing sauce of tomatoes, spinach, and evaporated milk adds a flavor that is beyond any other! You have to try it to believe it.
WHAT IS PAN SEARED SALMON?
Pan searing, or sautéing, is a quick way to cook fish, or any other meat and/or chicken. For instance, my Pan Seared Sirloin Steak with Mushroom Sauce – yowza!
HOW TO MAKE PAN SEARED SALMON:
- For skillet cooked fish, it is recommended to buy skin-on fish fillets. To start, you need to season the fillets with salt and pepper, and place the fish skin side up in a pan with garlicky olive oil.
- The salmon fillets will need to cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness, but should not be moved around until they are cooked about three quarters of the way through.
- Flip, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes; remove from skillet and set aside.
HOW TO MAKE A CREAMY SAUCE TO SERVE WITH SALMON
- Wipe down the skillet, melt some butter, and add cherry tomatoes to the skillet; cook for a few minutes before adding in the spinach.
- Once spinach has wilted, you will stir in the evaporated milk, some grated parmesan cheese, and herbs.
- Place salmon fillets back in the skillet and let cook for about 3 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
Ain’t that a pan of green and red beauty!? It’s just SO GOOD, you’ll want to smother everything with it!
This is a great throw-together pan seared salmon recipe fit for a queen! It’s a super easy and so, so flavorful meal to make during the week, but also good enough to serve at your next fancy dinner party.
MORE DELICIOUS SALMON RECIPES:
- Salmon Cobb Salad
- Maple Mustard Salmon in Foil
- Grilled Salmon with Pineapple & Piquillo Peppers Salsa
- Poached Eggs Salmon with Cheese Sauce
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
This Creamy Pan Seared Salmon Recipe makes a restaurant quality dinner right at home! Flaky salmon smothered in a flavor-packed, creamy sauce that's ready in only 30 minutes!
- 2 tablespoons garlic-flavored olive oil
- 4 (4-ounces each) skin-on salmon fillets
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
- 1/2 cup low fat evaporated milk (you can also use half & half or heavy cream)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Season salmon fillets with salt and pepper and transfer to the skillet, skin-side up.
Cook for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until browned and cooked about three quarters of the way through.
Flip over and cook for 2 more minutes more; remove from skillet and set aside.
Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Add cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until tomatoes begin to soften.
Stir in spinach and cook for 1 minute, or until spinach is beginning to wilt.
Stir in evaporated milk, parmesan cheese, basil, and parsley; bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
Add salmon back to skillet and continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until salmon is heated through.
Remove from heat.
Spoon sauce over each fillet and serve.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 6