Garlicky & Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Fritters: Packed with Quinoa and Zucchini, these Fritters are super delicious and very easy to make!
Hey, pal! Happy Sunday!
Big things happened this past week. As I mentioned a few days ago, Goce and I celebrated 7 years of marriage – lucky man – and our oldest celebrated her 5th birthday!
If you were to see my house today, you’d think you got lost in Frozen-land. Today is her birthday party and I am Elsa’d out! AND, even though my daughter’s name is ANA, she wants nothing to do with “Frozen” Ana. It’s all about Elsa.
Obvi, the party is Frozen-themed, including an Elsa Cake that cost more than an arm, Oloff sugar cookies, and purple/blue/icy ice cream. Not sure I am ready to host a bunch of sugar-high 5-year olds, but the choice isn’t mine.
A few of my friends are also coming over – the plan is to hit-up the Cucumber Mojitos. How else do you get through a day filled with screaming kids?!
As you may have noticed, I have been keeping it real and pretty simple in the kitchen, lately. You know, trying to eat right, and all that. I’m also trying to stay far away from Lasagna Dip (I heart that stuff *thiiiiiis* much!) and Chocolate Mousse Cake. I figure, coat-season will be back soon, and before you know it, I’ll be stuffing this face with all kinds of chocolaty, ooey gooey amazingness.
However, due to the abundance of vegetables provided to me by my parent’s enormous vegetable garden, it’s that much easier to eat good and eat right.
Inspired by all the healthy-eatings, I decided to hook up with some zucchini and quinoa to make these zucchini fritters happen. Aaaand, because I can’t do a thing without cheese, or God forbid I leave out the garlic, I threw all of that together and made you these crazy delicious patties. Errr, fritters. Cakes??
The best part about this recipe is that you can make the quinoa mixture couple of days ahead, if you want to, and then fry ’em UP when you’re ready! You can have a couple cakes for a light lunch, or an entire batch for dinner… it’s up to you.
This is a quick and hearty summer lunch/dinner/snack/appetizer – enjoy it as you see fit. SO simple and delicious, it would be a shame not to give these fritters a try!
Now I’m gonna go and tend to the screaming children. WEEEEELP!!!
Garlicky & Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Fritters
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2- teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/2- cup quinoa
- 1 egg
- 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2- teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sour Cream
- Soy Sauce
- Place zucchini in a Colander and toss with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Let stand 10 minutes then wring zucchini dry with paper towel.
- In the meantime, prepare the quinoa.
- Combine water and quinoa in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce quinoa to a simmer; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork and let stand ten minutes.
- Place zucchini in a large bowl.
- Add quinoa, egg, garlic, oregano, fresh cheese, and panko crumbs.
- Season with salt and pepper; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Shape zucchini-mixture into 2 to 3-inch patties.
- Working in batches, add zucchini mixture into skillet, flattening slightly; cook until golden and crisp, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer fritters to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Serve with yogurt, or sour cream, soy sauce, etc...
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 3