Steak Stir Fry with Zucchini Noodles – Intensely flavorful and wonderfully delicious Stir Fry Steak and Zucchini Noodles prepared in just one pan for a quick low carb meal that you’ll go back to again and again!
This Steak Stir Fry is an easy 20-minute dinner that has tender and juicy steak strips cooked in a garlicky soy sauce together with zucchini noodles. It is a quick and super easy recipe with a perfect blend of flavors.
With this recipe, I’m also watching out for all my gardeners out there dealing with all that zucchini. I have tons! AND my zucchini isn’t dark green… it’s light green. 😳 SEE HERE 👇
Does that look odd? 😐 Odd or not, it’s zucchini and it tastes pretty darn good.
Couple weeks back, right around the time that I started to freak out about the amounts of zucchini I was seeing, I first went to my tried and true recipe for Stir Fry Zucchini Noodles.
While preparing the zucchini for stir fry, my other half was working on this Grilled Flank Steak recipe outside. Right at that moment it occured to me; WHY don’t I add some steak to these zoodles and make it a complete meal?! 😮 #mindblown
Thus, I took half of his flank steak, cut it up into strips, and a new Diethood recipe was born. 🙋
HOW TO MAKE STEAK STIR FRY WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES
- Grab a wok or a frying pan and heat up some coconut oil. You can also use vegetable oil, but the coconut oil adds to the flavor.
- In the meantime, cut up your steak into 1-inch wide strips and add to the hot oil.
- Next, grab a vegetable peeler and a few zucchini; using the vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into long strips. Add the zucchini to the frying pan.
- Combine soy sauce and garlic in a little bowl, then add it to the steak and zoodles.
- Garnish with some toasted sesame seeds, if ya want to, and voila! Din din is served!
By the way, the easy sauce will surprise you because it’s really GOOD.
WHAT IS THE BEST STEAK FOR STIR FRY
BEST beef cuts for stir frying are skirt steak and flank steak. Both cuts are lean with lots of flavor and are best when sliced thin and stir-fried. However, other tender beef cuts, such as sirloin, ribeye, or top loin, can also be cut into strips and used in stir-fry recipes.
- Have all your ingredients prepped before you start cooking because this steak stir fry recipe comes together quickly.
- I tried this recipe with spiralized zucchini, too, and while it was still just as delicious, I really liked the texture much, much more with the zucchini strips.
- Serve this steak stir-fry over steamy white rice… OR NOT! The zoodles side dish is plenty.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Vodka Sauce Chicken Zucchini Noodles
- Pasta Carbonara with Zucchini Noodles
- Steak and Potatoes Skillet
- Steak Salad with Dijon Balsamic Dressing
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Intensely flavorful and wonderfully delicious Stir Fry Steak and Zucchini Noodles prepared in just one pan for a quick low carb meal that you'll go back to again and again!
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced against the grain into 1-inch strips
- 4 medium zucchini, (peel zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler to create long and thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Heat coconut oil in a wok or a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add steak strips to the frying pan and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until browned.
- Add in the zucchini strips and continue cooking for 2 to 3 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by combining soy sauce and garlic in a small mixing bowl; whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the sauce to the frying pan and stir to combine; cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 7