Vodka Sauce Chicken Zucchini Noodles – Easy, quick, but SO delicious Zucchini Noodles and Chicken tossed with homemade Vodka Sauce.
Look what’s for dinner tonight!! Woot woot!
Oh, Hi. I got a little excited there, but for a great reason; vodka.sauce. Yep. I’m serving you vodka with dinner! And Chicken Zucchini Noodles thingamajig to go with it all.
But first, let me please wish you a great Monday and a very happy start to the week. I hope it’s filled with vacation days, a pay raise, great health, and all that great life-stuff in between.
And if you’re just like me, staring at a foot of snow in mid-March? Use it as an excuse to stay in and put the world on pause while catching up on Snapped with a bag of Homemade Baked Banana Chips in your lap.
Hope you’re also thinking about dinner and how this Vodka Sauce Chicken Zucchini Noodles will be IT!
HOW TO MAKE VODKA SAUCE CHICKEN ZUCCHINI NOODLES
I’m hereby declaring this my favorite meal as of two weekends ago. You gotta understand, I make a lot of food -it’s my job – so to choose a favorite is super hard, but this one is a no-brainer. As always, though, the best part is how quickly it all comes together. AND the sauce is made from scratch. For that alone, I hope you will be thanked and applauded.
- Really, it might not get much better than this. What you’re looking at is canned diced tomatoes swimming in vodka and milk. Cheese, too. I know, the combo sounds really odd, but you have got to believe me, it is really, really GOOD.
Then, comes this ⤵⤵⤵
- All you will need to do is grab a veg peeler and a few zucchini; using the vegetable peeler, slice the zucchini lengthwise into long strips.
But in the meantime, you will also have to make these guys ⤵⤵⤵
- Some chicken breasts seasoned with your favorite seasonings (thyme, salt and pep for me!), and cooked to a juicy perfection.
Once you’ve done all of that, here is your end result ⤵⤵⤵
I know it really looks like rocket science, but it ain’t.
And it’s not like this just has to be dinner. It can totally be lunch, or a snack. Or whatever.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 3 to 4 zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) can low sodium diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Peel zucchini lengthwise with a vegetable peeler to create long strips.
- Lay zucchini strips flat on a paper towel-lined baking sheet; set aside to dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with thyme, salt and pepper; add to skillet and cook for 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Remove from skillet; cut into strips and set aside. Cover to keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the vodka and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the cheese; continue to stir until well incorporated.
- Add previously prepared chicken and zucchini to the sauce; cook for 1 more minute, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve.
WW FREESTYLE SMART POINTS: 11
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy