Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas Recipe – Fast, easy, one pan fajitas recipe with deliciously seasoned flank steak, colorful peppers, and onions.
Happy Sunday, friends! I hope you guys are living it up, wherever you are! I, on the other hand, am putting steak and peppers on a sheet pan and please, don’t even be mad about it, mmm’kay? ‘Cause my mother was. She shook her head thinking that I cooked raw meat next to fresh veggies and that’s a huuuuuge no-no in her book.
No worries, though! I kept the steak and its juices away from the veg with one very easy trick: aluminum foil. But then I got some more heat for using foil and not parchment paper!! Because, apparently, foil is linked to brain disorders… and I also read that spinach causes cancer. *shrugging* I can’t win.
But please, sit down, lets talk more about these sheet pan steak fajitas cooked on a sheet pan, all together, at the same time…
Friends, if you’re in the market for fast, EASY weeknight dinners, THIS is IT!
We have a deliciously seasoned flank steak surrounded by colorful peppers and onions that will later be added to flour tortillas and devoured by all. EVEN your youngest family members. I have verrrrrry picky eaters – the “mac ‘n cheese” ONLY types – and yet they absolutely love love love these steak fajitas.
Using the same seasonings as I did here on my traditional Steak Fajitas, this flank steak turned out way better than I expected. IF you haven’t tried my homemade fajitas seasoning mix, please do so asap. It’s BE.yond!
This is so full of flavor, you guys. It’s only fajitas, I know, but they’re damn good! It tastes like summer forever, and it’s ready in about 30-ish minutes. Could there be a more perfect recipe? Aside from a big ice cream cone for dinner?? Exactly! Nothing better.
AND finally, adding that steak and peppers to a warm (whole wheat, low carb!) flour tortilla?!? TOPPED with plain yogurt (you can use sour cream) and avocado!?! AND a squeeze of lime juice??? YAHS, pleeeeease!
Also, pleeeease make these as soon as you get home, or, like, right now? Because, deliciousness. Theeee End. ❤ YOU!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas
- 2 pounds flank steak
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons homemade fajitas seasoning mix divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 12 (6-inch) Whole Wheat Low Carb Flour Tortillas
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- lime slices for garnish
- plain yogurt or sour cream optional, for garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese optional, for garnish
- avocado diced, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Prepare flank steak by seasoning with 2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over steak and turn to coat.
- Cut a large piece of aluminum foil; set steak in the center of the foil and fold up the sides so it holds in the juices.
- Place the prepared steak on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Drizzle prepared vegetables with remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil and toss with remaining fajitas seasoning mix.
- Add peppers and onions to sheet pan.
- Cook for 13 to 15 minutes, or until steak's internal temperature is 140F.
- Set under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, or until steak's internal temperature is at least 145F.
- Remove from oven and let steak rest for about 5 to 8 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle with parsley or cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.
- Optional: add sour cream, shredded cheese and avocado.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.