Steak Fajitas – Perfectly seasoned, classic steak fajitas with onions and peppers, wrapped in warm flour tortillas.
I could (and I have) eat every.thing that is on that plate. Also? Don’t hate on my overly well done steak. In this house, THAT is how we do beef. Or we’d all go the vegan-route.
You guys, you guys, you guys. How is it Sunday, already?! Oh btw, HI! *waving*
As I was saying, Sunday comes so dang fast. And this was one eventful week – I could’ve used a few hours OFF.
My life this week:
1. Had dental work done – I’m still in pain, and I’m gargling salt water like every 3 hours. TMI?
2. Found out our neighbors had a Meth Lab!!! in their garage … wth? Always question someone when they go from a 1999 Buick-something to a 2016 Mercedes AMG. Just sayin’.
3. My youngest has the Flu
4. We’re (the kids are) on Fall Break
See! I might need a vacay.
Now that you’re all caught up with my life, we can go ahead and discuss dinner.
When I get a craving for fajitas, I can’t get rid of the craving until I eat them. And if that involves Chili’s, the ristorante, so be it. ( I kinda loooove their food! ) But it shouldn’t involve any restaurant because fajitas are one of the quickest meals to make. Chopping up the veggies and cutting up the steak takes longer than the actual cooking-time.
I made these steak fajitas last Monday after learning that my Endoscopy (how old am I?!?) was super normal and that I was “as clean as a whistle”. 👈 Doctor’s words.
What do the fajitas have to do with the scoping, you ask? It was a celebratory meal – I’m clean, now bring on the beef! 🍔
Truth be told, I was actually prepping some spices, including a Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix that the hubs and I absolutely love love love, and how can you prepare the seasoning and not make da fajitas? You just can’t!
Because they are delightful and beefy and are loaded with peppers and have this nice crunch factor and when you eat them it’s like you’re eating restaurant food, but it’s not restaurant food! Because, you just made it… and all? Are you still here?
Okay. Put this on your week’s rotation and let me know if you loved it, m’kay? I bet the Seasoning is going to win you over! 😎
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Fajitas Seasoning Mix , divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak , cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 8 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas
- Shredded Cheese , optional
- Sour Cream , for garnish, optional
- Guacamole , for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet (I always use my cast iron skillet for this) over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Add the sliced steak to the skillet; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to a desired doneness.
- Stir in the previously prepared veggies; continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
- Place fajitas into warm whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. (Optional - Not included in the Nutrition Information)