Steak Fajitas – Perfectly seasoned, classic steak fajitas with onions and peppers, wrapped in warm flour tortillas.
Juicy, flavor packed steak fajitas make an irresistible and easy option for a quick weeknight dinner, or a celebratory weekend!
I could eat every.thing that is on that plate. And I have. Steak fajitas are fantastic!
Also? Don’t hate on my overly well done steak. In this house, THAT is how we do beef. No pink/red stuff, or we’d all go the vegan-route.
You guys, you guys, you guys. How is it Sunday, already?! Sunday comes so dang fast. And this was one eventful week – I could’ve used a few hours OFF.
My life this week:
1. Had dental work done – I’m still in pain, and I’m gargling salt water like every 3 hours. TMI?
2. Found out our neighbors had a Meth Lab!!! in their garage … wth? Always question someone when they go from a 1999 Buick-something to a 2016 Mercedes AMG. Just sayin’.
3. My youngest has the Flu
4. We’re (the kids are) on Fall Break
See! I might need a vacay.
Now that you’re all caught up with my life, we can go ahead and discuss our Steak Fajitas dinner.
When I get a craving for steak fajitas, I can’t get rid of the craving until I eat them. And if that involves Chili’s, the ristorante, so be it. ( I kinda loooove their food! ) But it shouldn’t involve any restaurant because fajitas are one of the quickest meals to make. Chopping up the veggies and cutting up the steak takes longer than the actual cooking-time.
Truth be told, I was actually prepping some spices, including a Homemade Fajitas Seasoning Mix that the hubs and I absolutely love love love, and how can you prepare the seasoning and not make da fajitas? You just can’t!
HOW TO MAKE STEAK FAJITAS
- Heat olive oil in cast iron skillet, then add bell peppers and onions with our fajitas seasoning mix; cook until tender.
- Add sliced steak to the skillet; season and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to a desired doneness.
- Stir in the previously prepared veggies and continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Spoon prepared veggies and steak on warm whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole.
You should make these fajitas because they are delightful and beefy. And are loaded with peppers, and also have this nice crunch factor. And when you eat them, it’s like you’re eating restaurant food, but it’s not restaurant food!
Okay. Put this on your week’s rotation and let me know if you loved it, m’kay? I bet the Seasoning is going to win you over!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Fajitas Seasoning Mix , divided
- 1 pound lean sirloin steak , cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper , cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow onion , thinly sliced
- 8 Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas, warm
- Shredded Cheese , optional
- Sour Cream , for garnish, optional
- Guacamole , for garnish, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet (I always use my cast iron skillet for this) over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and onion; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to a plate and set aside.
- Add the sliced steak to the skillet; season with 1-1/2 tablespoons of the fajitas seasoning mix and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or to a desired doneness.
- Stir in the previously prepared veggies; continue to cook for about 2 minutes, or until everything is heated through.
Spoon prepared veggies and steak on warm whole wheat tortillas.
- Top with cheese, sour cream and guacamole. (Optional - Not included in the Nutrition Information)
WW SmartPoints: 14
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy