Make the best, most delicious Crock Pot Steak Fajitas with this super easy recipe! Place beef, onions, bell peppers, and spices in the crock pot and forget about it! Nothing beats slowly simmered beef put into warm tortillas and garnished with your favorite tex mex toppings.
CROCK POT STEAK FAJITAS
This here Crock Pot Steak Fajitas is what we ate for 2 days last week.
If you are as busy as a bee, and if you don’t mind juicy and tender meat that literally shreds itself, this is your kind of recipe. Unless you’re a vegetarian, then, I guess this is not your kind of recipe. 😀
But, if you love your meat, and your peppers, and your onions, AND fajitas!? Turn on the crockpot and git ‘er done!
Also? Make sure you use your favorite Salsa because, essentially, we’re cooking and marinating the entire meat in said salsa. It better be good, you know?
These slow cooked Beef Fajitas are great for those Saturday afternoon get togethers when you don’t have any idea when anyone is arriving but you don’t want to be cooking when they get home.
The Crock Pot was one of the first major kitchen appliances that I bought and I am in love with it. It solves all problems. I throw all the ingredients in the pot, turn it on, and 6 hours later we got dinner! Like this awesome recipe for Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna 😋
INGREDIENTS FOR STEAK FAJITAS
- Flank steak
- yellow, onion
- red bell pepper
- green bell pepper
- Tomato Salsa
- beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of my Fajitas Seasoning Mix
HOW TO MAKE STEAK FAJITAS IN THE SLOW COOKER
You’ll want to get started by cutting the flank steak into 6 equal portions and place in your slow cooker.
Next, add the onions and peppers to a 6.5-quart (or larger) slow cooker. Then, pour in the tomato salsa and add beef broth.
Add fajita seasoning and mix everything together.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Shred the cooked beef, then, stir it back into the slow cooker. Serve.
Fajita Toppings Ideas:
- Sour Cream
- Salad Leaves
- Grated/shredded cheese
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Sliced Avocado
How Long Can I Leave Food In the Crock Pot?
- As with food cooked any other way, cooked crock pot foods should not be left at room temperature any more than an absolute maximum of 2 hours.
How Do You Store Leftovers In A Crock Pot?
- I like to store my leftovers in shallow containers and refrigerate them within two hours.
- One of the best parts of your crock pot meal is the leftovers, but make sure you are storing them safely and eating them in a timely manner to reduce your risk of food poisoning. No one wants that. 😐
How Do I Freeze These Crock Pot Fajitas?
- Store all leftovers in a freezer-safe glass container or large Ziploc freezer bags.
- Label it and keep in the freezer for 2 months.
- To defrost, completely thaw in the refrigerator before reheating.
How To Reheat Food in The Crock Pot
- We love this Crock Pot Beef Fajitas recipe and we always end up having it 2 days in a row. Do not reheat food in the slow cooker because it takes too long to reach a safe temperature. Use the stovetop or microwave for reheating.
- However, you can use a slow cooker to keep food hot up to 2 hours before serving.
Did you know?
- In Spanish, the word fajita translates to “belt or “girdle” in English. 😊
LOOKING FOR MORE CROCKPOT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Crock Pot Chicken Quinoa Enchiladas Casserole
- Crock Pot Mustard Pork Chops and Potatoes
- Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken
- Crock Pot Citrus-Soy Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
Crock Pot Steak Fajitas
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups Tomato Salsa
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Fajitas Seasoning Mix
- Cut flank steak into 6 equal portions and place in your slow cooker.
- Add onions and peppers to the slow cooker.
- Pour in the tomato salsa and add beef broth.
- Add fajita seasoning and mix everything together.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer meat to a cutting board; using two forks, shred the beef.
- Stir beef back into the slow cooker.
- Serve hot with flour tortillas.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
NET CARBS: 9g
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.