Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken – An easy slow cooker chicken breasts recipe! Chicken simmered in an amazing garlic and lime mixture, and cooked to a tender perfection!
This is good, you guyyys! So, so good!
Hi Hi pals! I’ve come to interrupt your Sunday shenanigans for a moment! Hope you don’t mind, but I come with a perfect chicken recipe that is going to blow you away! I promise.
Now, you know I love my slow cooker so, so much, but what happened here was a little accident that led to a delicious, tasty, and dang good Garlic Lime Chicken. Let’s discuss.
So. Last week I decided to dust off my pressure cooker and start practicing and testing a few recipes. 4 of them, to be exact. This was my first recipe to test.
Everything was going well; prepping, arranging, closing the lid… all that jazz was perfect, BUT because I’m a rookie, the results were a hot. mess. Literally.
When I went to release the pressure by slowly turning the lid, all the sauce that was inside the cooker just exploded. My ceiling, my kitchen cabinets, my counter tops! UGH! It was everywhere and it took me a good hour to clean up everything. Clearly, I did not read the manual, as usual, and so, you live and learn.
I then decided to go back to my trusted and well known crock pot to do the job.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC LIME CHICKEN
- Let’s start with our sauce. What we have is a saucy, tangy and garlicky lime juice mixture with liquid aminos (in place of soy sauce), a bit of worcestershire, some sesame oil, and lots o’ garlic. 2 big cloves or 4 normal sized. Keeping it simple and supreme.
Here’s how the rest of our garlic lime chicken is gonna go down:
- We’re going to pour that sauce over the chicken and some carrots. Then, we close the lid, set the crock pot to cook, and that is it.
The results are fresh, exciting, vibrant and wonderful. Garlic + Lime just go together like mac and cheese. Cops and robbers. Lock and key!
What I am trying to say is that the combination of bright citrus with garlic is just amazing, and when you add all the other ingredients, it’s an easy balance of tangy, sweet, and bright. You’ll see.
If I were you, I’d get on making this garlic lime chicken right away. Lazy Sundays go best with slow cooked dinners. Just arrange everything in the crock pot, set it on LOW or HIGH, and walk away. Let this amazingness come together low and slow.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Crock Pot Garlic Lime Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 4 large carrots , cut into a few big pieces (optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 to 3 whole limes)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 tablespoon light worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- toasted sesame seeds , for garnish (optional)
- fresh cilantro , for garnish (optional)
- 4 cups steamed broccoli florets (optional)
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and arrange on the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
- Arrange carrots over the chicken. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine lime juice, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, and garlic; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over chicken and veggies; close with a lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours or on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl and whisk cornstarch into the liquid until well combined.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture back into the slow cooker.
- Continue to cook on high until the sauce thickens, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Garnish chicken with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.
- Serve over rice with a side of steamed broccoli.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.