Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna – Layers of spinach, feta and light ricotta nestled between sheets of lasagna noodles. The easiest Lasagna you will ever make! Just throw all the ingredients in the Crock Pot and walk away.
Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna
Crock Pot Lasagna is a homemade comfort food that every family loves! This lasagna tastes like you spent all day making it, but without all the work. We just layer all the ingredients in the crock pot and walk away.
Whoa Nellie! If I had a quarter for each time I used spinach and feta in the same recipe, I’d be a thousandaire!
Hi, Friends!! Happy Sunday! How’s your new iPhone 6? DO you love it?
I am going to chill with my 5S until it breaks. If my mom can still use a flip phone and be happy with it, well then… I think I just made my point.
SO, how’s your weekend so far?
My weekend was (read: is always) very loud. If I could just sum it up for you, it would sound a little somethin’ like this; Anaaaaaaaaaa EAT! Aleksandraaaaaaaaaaaa STOP! Goceeeeeeeeeee!!!! …I scream at him just because.
Hit the “repeat” button and that is me, all wrapped up in weekend-fun!
Speaking of repeat. Yesterday, I sang my heart out to MMMMBop by Hanson. My inner 90’s-self is still SO happy!
Speaking of Happy! Pasta-Sundays is where happy lives.
We all know the deal around here. I take a classic recipe and add feta cheese to it, spinach, too, take a picture of it and eat. Ridiculous, I know, but always delicious.
I have been making *this* Spinach and Feta Lasagna recipe for years now, but it wasn’t until last year that I finally tried a lasagna in the crock pot. WHOA! Life.Changing.
Wait. Do you call it a slow cooker? Yah, I do, too, but most people “google” crock pot. I imagine you might be in that large sum of “most people”.
But, really, I wish I hadn’t waited that long to try slow cooked lasagna because,
A) Your house will smell insanely GOOD!
B) You will want to eat it immediately
C) It’s so easy, your 10 year old can make it.
HOW TO PREPARE CROCK POT LASAGNA
Those no-boil lasagna noodles have literally changed my life. It’s like I’m saving myself at least 22.4 minutes every time I make lasagna for dinner. In this instance, I saved you and I a huge step in the way that we will prepare this lovely dinner.
All you will need to do is gather your ingredients, throw them in the crock pot in the order that I have given, and that’s it. That’s all. That’s a wrap. No stirring, no boiling, no rinsing, no waiting, no no no! Just place everything in the pot and walk away.
Come back in 4 hours to eat.
Spinach and Feta Crock Pot Lasagna
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 12 to 15 no boil lasagna noodles
- 1 container (32-ounces) Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves , chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano , or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 bag (8-ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2-1/2 cups Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese , divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese , divided
- Lightly coat the inside of the crock pot with cooking spray.
- Spread 1 cup tomato sauce on the bottom of the pot.
- Arrange a layer of the no-boil lasagna noodles over the sauce. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, feta cheese, salt, pepper, chopped garlic, oregano, parsley and eggs; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add spinach and mix until well incorporated.
- Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture over the pasta.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella and 1/3 of the parmesan cheese over the ricotta mixture.
- Top with a cup of tomato sauce.
- Repeat these layers until all the ingredients have been used up .
- Top the lasagna with a layer of lasagna noodles covered with tomato sauce and sprinkled with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4 hours.
- Turn off the crock pot and let stand 45 minutes, or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Cut and serve.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.