The combination of sweet roasted squash, creamy bechamel sauce and fresh herbs result in a flavorful and delicious Roasted Butternut Squash Lasagna.
Happy Sunday! I’ve made you Lasagna! With Roasted Butternut Squash!! Eeeeek! SO GOOD!
It’s been nearly a bazillion years since I last shared a lasagna recipe. I thought it was time to change that because this Butternut Squash Lasagna is the best thing, yet.
Oh me goodness. This lasagna was the talk of the town (household) for daaaaays when I first made it, some 2 months ago. I know I waited too long to try this, but it isn’t my fault. It’s the Hubs. He is really picky about his food. Like, annoyingly picky!
You know those kids that are SO picky with their food, but they eventually grow out of it?! Well, that’s my husband. Except he never grew out of it.
He practically begged me on hands and knees not to add squash to the lasagna; “PLEASE! Leave my lasagna meaty and tomato-ey! I beg you! Please!!” His.exact.words.
Things got even more interesting when he saw me whip out the rosemary. Oh I wish you could have seen his face! The guy was ready to cry.
He hates rosemary and always whines about how it smells like soap. He then made a remark about making himself fried eggs for dinner. I just went on about my biznass, totally ignoring him, as I usually do… Believe me, you would, too, because 99% of the time he LOVES the food that comes out of this kitchen.
The results were just as I expected. I honestly don’t know what to saaaaaaaaay! I don’t know how to best describe this insanely delicious lasagna! It’s cheesy, it’s creamy, it’s gooey, it’s sweet, it’s salty… it’s it’s it’s!!!
Do I have to convince you to try it?! I mean, don’t these ingredients say it all? We’re talking butternut squash, bechamel sauce, rosemary, chili powder, garlic… MMMMM!
Or how about the photos? Those always speak volumes, right?
Even if you don’t think you like squash or rosemary, you will love them, together, in this one-dish meal. Oh yeah! To add, it’s also a one-dish meal!! SCORE! Less things to wash, more food to eat!
- 1 3- pound butternut squash , peeled, seeded and chopped into 1-inch chunks.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh snipped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- no-boil Lasagna Noodles
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine chopped squash, olive oil, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl and toss to coat.
- Spread the squash in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the squash in the oven for 40 minutes, stirring once or twice, until soft.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
- Heat butter over in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour.
- Slowly add milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir frequently until thickened and bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven and reduce oven temperature to 375.
- Stir butternut squash, rosemary and chili powder into sauce.
- Butter a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Spoon 1/2-cup of the sauce on the bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Layer three to four of the no-bake noodles on top of sauce.
- Spread one-third of the sauce on top of the noodles.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the Pamesan cheese.
- Repeat layering noodles, sauce, and Parmesan cheese two more times.
- Pour whipping cream over entire dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 10 more minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 16
Sign up to get new recipes via email & get an ebook with 9 favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes!