Packed with crab meat and drizzled with garlic butter sauce, these delicious crab stuffed mushrooms are so easy to prepare, and they make for the perfect appetizer! An easy yet impressive mushroom recipe your friends & family will love!
Heck, they make for the perfect dinner, too! Snack….lunch…supper…and all that comes in between.
Hi! Hey! Hello! How’s your week, so far? …couple more days, boo-boo. Power through it! Mine has been filled with bathing suit shopping (ugh. I know.) and Samoa Peanut Butter Bars. I love them things! For the sake of balance, I also made a batch of my so dang good Spinach Lentil Fritters.
But. About those bathing suits… Seriously? Bathing suits after the Holidays?!? Good God, welp! My little family decided to whisk me away next week to Punta Cana for my birthday, even though the only request I had for the big day was not to be bothered with washing the dishes. They consider that to be the worst.chore.ev-er., so Punta Cana it is!
Thank goodness for Kaftans and Tunics… That is all.
So do you want to, like, talk about mushrooms? ‘Cause these are goooood. Like, amazing.
Crab is usually not my go-to, but I’m completely crazy over Crab Stuffed Mushrooms, especially this recipe. I think my mind was especially blown with this whole garlic butter sauce that I poured over them.
Sidenote: Do you see a heart in the photo with the garlic sauce? Isn’t that cool? I think that’s a sign. It’s telling us to serve the ‘shrooms to our Valentine!
P.S. Don’t wait that long to try ’em!
The good news? They’re under 60 calories per piece! And they’re suuuuper simple to make. The only annoying part is cleaning out 25 baby bella mushrooms… make sure to crank up some Adele to get you through it.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 25 baby bella mushrooms , stems removed and inner gills cleaned out
- 1 bag (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped (I used Louis Kemp Crab Delights)
- 3 green onions , white and green parts, diced
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2- cup fancy shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- salt and fresh ground pepper , to taste
- 1/4- cup skim milk
FOR THE GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE (optional)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ? teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease a large baking dish with cooking spray and arrange the mushroom caps, stem-side-up. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine crabmeat, green onions, panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper; mix to combine.
- Add milk and continue to stir until mixture is just moistened. IF it's too dry, add a tablespoon of milk.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared mushrooms.
- Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, prepare the Garlic Butter Sauce:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- When completely melted, remove from heat and, using a spoon, remove the foamy layer on top; discard foam.
- Whisk in garlic powder and salt.
- Remove mushrooms from oven and let stand 1 minute.
- Drizzle with prepared garlic butter sauce.
TOOLS USED IN RECIPE: