This Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse is an easy low-carb dessert recipe that everybody loves. Rich homemade mousse is topped with whipped cream, fresh raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
Looking for more low-carb desserts? Try my low carb chocolate fudge cake.
A Decadent Low-Carb Keto Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate mousse is one of the most indulgent desserts ever, and this version is low in carbs and Keto-friendly! It only takes 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make this smooth and rich chocolate mousse. You can top it with all of your favorite chocolate pairings!
This classic no-bake treat is perfect for when you’re craving something sweet, and it’s my go-to dessert when I’m trying to lay off the carbs. I love making this Keto chocolate mousse for friends and family because it’s so easy, very quick, and absolutely satisfying. Hits the chocolate-craving-spot each and every time.
What Makes this Chocolate Mousse Keto?
This chocolate mousse is made with powdered sweetener to keep it Keto-friendly. If you’re on the Keto diet, you should also be sure to use at least 75% dark cocoa powder in your mousse.
Even though this dessert is low-carb and Keto, I promise it still has the amazing flavor and texture you love about chocolate mousse!
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Cocoa Powder
- Powdered Sweetener: Adjust the amount of sweetener you add to suit your taste.
- Salt: You’ll only need a pinch of salt to complete your mousse.
- Chocolate Shavings
- Whipped Cream
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Whip Heavy Cream & Vanilla: Combine the heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract in the bowl of your electric mixer; whip with the whisk attachment(s) on medium speed until thickened and creamy, but not stiff.
- Add Cocoa, Sweetener & Salt: Add the cocoa powder, sweetener and salt; increase the mixing speed to high and continue to mix until stiff peaks form.
- Assemble & Serve: Spoon the mousse into small serving bowls and top with chocolate shavings, whipped cream, and raspberries.
Tips for the Best Chocolate Mousse
- Adjust to Taste: Before you assemble your mousse cups, taste the mousse and make sure you’re satisfied with the amount of sweetener you used.
- Don’t Over-Whip Cream & Vanilla: Stop whisking your heavy cream and vanilla when the mixture just thickens and becomes creamy. You don’t want stiff peaks to form before you add your other ingredients.
- Mix Until Stiff Peaks Form: Once you add your cocoa powder, sweetener and salt, mix your mousse until it is the consistency of mousse. Test for stiff peaks by slowly lifting the beater out of the mousse. If it spikes up and stays that way, your mousse is ready.
Keto-Friendly Topping Ideas
- Sea Salt: If you’re a fan of sweet and salty treats, try topping your mousse with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Unsweetened Coconut: I love topping my keto chocolate mousse with some shredded coconut.
- Strawberries: Top your mousse with strawberry slices to give chocolate covered strawberries a run for their money!
- Mint Leaves: Mint leaves make a beautiful garnish for this creamy chocolate mousse.
How to Store Chocolate Mousse
- Leftover mousse should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will stay good for up to 5 days.
- You can also chill your mousse in the fridge for an hour or two before you add your toppings if you prefer a colder and firmer mousse.
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered sweetener or to taste
- pinch of salt
- whipped cream, for garnish, optional
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
- raspberries, for garnish, optional
- Combine heavy cream and vanilla in the bowl of your electric mixer; whip with the whisk attachment(s) on medium speed until thickened and creamy, but not stiff.
- Add cocoa powder, sweetener and salt; increase speed to high and continue to mix until you reach a creamy mousse consistency and peaks are stiff.
- Spoon mousse into serving bowls.
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate shavings, and raspberries.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Electric Mixer
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
24 comments on “Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse”
My mousse was really thick not light,fluffy or creamy.
I had to add extra thick cream,300ml in total,but it was still stiff.
It tastes okay though.
Oh no! I hope it was still enjoyable. But, I do know why this happened. 😊 UK cream and US cream are a bit different. Yours is thicker than ours and it contains more butterfat. Because UK cream is so rich, it’s very easy to get it too thick while whipping it up.
What is a serving size? How many servings are in this recipe?
There’s 4 servings, so a serving size is a 1/4 of the entire recipe; that serving size may yield somewhere between 1/3-cup and 1/2-cup. I don’t have a commercial type kitchen with professional scales therefore I can’t say exactly how much you will get, but it should be near those numbers. I hope this helps.
This is exactly what I need for dessert right now! Sounds mouthwatering!
I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
The easiest and best dessert around! Loved how quick it came together!
I am so happy to hear that! I’m very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
This is my new favorite keto dessert, so creamy and delicious and all that chocolate!
I am so happy to hear that! I hope you enjoy it! Thank YOU! 🙂
This Creamy Keto Chocolate Mousse is looks delicious and so easy to make! !
Love this keto-friendly dessert! Been looking for a dessert that is on the healthier side and still delicious, just found the perfect one!
Thank you so much! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
Thank you, Erin! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
this was the perfect keto treat tonight!
So happy to hear that! I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
I just put up a recipe for Keto Lasagna, and all I can think about is how good your dessert would be with my lasagna as a main course! YUM to this creamy dream.
That sounds like the perfect match!! I can’t wait to try your Keto Lasagna! Thank YOU! 🙂
Can you make ahead and refrigerate??*
Yes, absolutely. Also, if you want to keep it in the fridge for longer than a day, I suggest to put it in a container and cover it just so it doesn’t absorb all the other smells. But, otherwise, you can keep it in there for up to 5 days.
Yay, for a healthier, decadent dessert! This is incredibly creamy & feels so light , it doesn’t leave you feeling like you shouldn’t have had dessert 🙂
I am very glad you enjoyed it! Thank YOU! 🙂
Yummy! This looks amazing, and keto as well. Awesome!!
Thank you so much!! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂