Cookies that are delicious AND healthy? With only 4 ingredients, these Keto Peanut Butter Cookies will have you forgetting carbs even exist. And what’s better than cookies that stick to your diet plan? Nothing!
ONE OF MY FAVORITE KETO COOKIE RECIPES
If your home is anything like mine, cookies are always a big hit. I will make them, and as soon and the cookies have cooled off, they are gone. I can’t keep them around!
These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are healthy and disappear just as quickly as traditional cookies, so I feel good about my family devouring them. Chances are, you probably have all of the ingredients for these cookies on hand already, so why not make them? They are gluten free and vegetarian friendly, too!
WHAT ARE KETO COOKIES?
Keto cookies are cookies based off of the ketogenic (keto) diet, which is a very low carb and high fat diet. It is similar to the Atkins diet. The keto diet reduces your carbohydrate intake so much, that your body goes into a metabolic state known as ketosis.
I know most diets don’t allow for cookies, but when they are made with the right ingredients, I say, make the cookies! 🍪
KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE INGREDIENTS
Healthier cookies usually mean no flour and less sugar. When we see that, we obviously start to question what these cookies will taste like. Don’t worry! These cookies definitely aren’t taste-free! Plus, with only four yummy ingredients, it doesn’t get any easier.
To make keto cookies you will need:
- Smooth peanut butter
- Pure vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE KETO PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are seriously the most simple cookies anyone could make, I wonder why I didn’t come up with this recipe sooner. Here’s how you can make them:
- First, you’ll need to preheat your oven and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Then you’ll want to combine the peanut butter, egg, vanilla and sweetener, until everything is well blended.
- Next, you’ll need to spray your hands with cooking spray to prevent the dough from sticking. Then pinch off small sections of the dough and shape them into 12 evenly sized balls.
- Move the dough balls to the cookie sheet with the parchment paper and use a fork to flatten each ball to make an even layer. You can even make a cross-hatch pattern in your dough to give the cookies a nice, homemade touch.
- Finally, bake those cookies!
Once removed from the oven, let the cookies rest on the cookie sheet for one minute before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
TIPS FOR PERFECT KETO COOKIES
- Some ovens bake faster than others. Keep an eye on your cookies towards the end of the baking time, especially the first time you make them. If they are browning quicker than expected, take them out of the oven and test them for doneness.
- Make a note of how long it took the cookies to bake so that you don’t have to test next time.
- I know making cookies without flour just doesn’t seem right, but TRUST ME on this one!
HOW TO STORE KETO COOKIES
- The best way to store your cooled cookies is in an airtight container and set on your counter, or in your pantry. They can stay there for up to 4 days – if they aren’t already gone by then!
CAN I FREEZE KETO COOKIES?
- Yes! Bake these cookies according to the directions. Once the cookies are cool, place them in an airtight container or zip top bag.
- They can be left in the freezer for up to two months. The best part – they only take a few hours on the counter at room temperature to thaw.
MORE COOKIES RECIPES
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup or to taste sweetener (I use Swerve)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine peanut butter, egg, sweetener, and vanilla; whisk and stir until everything is completely incorporated.
- Lightly spray your hands with cooking spray; pinch off cookie dough and shape into 12 balls.
- Transfer cookie balls to previously prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a fork, flatten each cookie to about 1/2-inch thickness, making a cross-hatch design on top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until firm.
- Remove from oven and let stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack; let cool completely.