Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies – Delicious, healthy cookies made with just 4 ingredients; bananas, oats, honey and chocolate chips!
I made you breakfast. Or is it a dessert? Maybe just a snack?!?
I’m on a banana kick, starting with those Bananas Foster Crepes at the beginning of the week.
All last week I hid perfectly yellow bananas in tight, dark corners, hoping noone would find them until they were black. My plan was a success.
Later that week, I made a banana cake AND I made these Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies. SCORE!
Um… maybe we can discuss the banana cake next week?? Yeppers! For now, let’s focus on zee cookies.
Here’s what about these chocolate chip cookies. Apparently, they’ve been around for a while?!? WHAT? Where was I?!?
Here’s me thinkin’ I just thought of the next big thing (joking, of course), and bam! Google and Pinterest were all like, oh no you din’t! Ugh… 😉
But, anywho. I wanted to make some sort of a cookie that didn’t require butter (I know, what’s wrong with me?! – perhaps the fact that no-coat season is coming up?!) and something that wouldn’t require flour. Looking up at my pantry, the oats were the only thing that stood out. And chocolate. Without a second thought, I took out the black bananas, mashed ’em together with the oats and voila. Doesn’t that sound wonderful?
I’m telling you, awesomest healthy cookies, ever. I shared them with my dad. My husband said they were too healthy for his liking. Whatevs.
Now, what to do with those wrinkled up blueberries that I’ve been hiding all week? I hid them, but I completely forgot about them until I started writing this post. OY! That is probably my punishment for hiding fruits from the family…
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1-1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips , divided
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas until smooth.
- Add oats, honey, cinnamon if using, and half of the mini chocolate chips; mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop dough by large tablespoons onto previously prepared baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten each cookie.
- Add remaining mini chocolate chips, resting them on top of the cookies with light pressure.
- Transfer pan to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and bake cookies for 12 to 15 minutes, or until slightly browned on the edges.
- Remove from oven and let stand 2 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling racks.
- Let cool before serving.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 3
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy