Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies Recipe – Irresistible, soft and chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with carrot cake flavor, are super easy to make and taste amazing!
Moist and sweet, these Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect little dessert for Spring, or even Easter brunch!
Besides, these little treats are much simpler than making a whole carrot cake. Though, I truly truly truly DO NOT mind a whole slice of my ➡ carrot cake ⬅… yummmm!
Truth be told, come Easter, I always reach for a slice of carrot cake slathered with cream cheese frosting… You, too, right? I mean, we’re just humans, for Pete’s sake, we gotta have cake!
Obviously, this ain’t no cake, but in this recipe we are going to introduce carrot cake to oatmeal cookies. Kind of healthy, verrrry easy, and really really delicious! YAY!
Reminiscent of my Apple Oatmeal Cookies, these cookies are full of hearty oats, cozy spices, and lots of flavor.
INGREDIENTS FOR CARROT CAKE OATMEAL COOKIES
- Brown Sugar
- salt and baking soda
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger
- Walnuts are optional
- powdered sugar, for the glaze
- pineapple juice, for the glaze
HOW DO YOU MAKE CARROT CAKE OATMEAL COOKIES
My FAVORITE part of this recipe is that you only need one mixing bowl and a cookie sheet or sheet pan.
- You first want to combine butter and brown sugar in your mixer’s bowl and cream the mixture; add the eggs and beat until combined.
- Then, using a wooden spoon, you will add in the rest of the ingredients; shredded carrots, oats, flour, spices, and walnuts.
- To bake the cookies, preheat oven to 375F.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes, or until cookies are set.
- Once the cookies have cooled down, combine powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl and whisk together until combined.
- Drizzle glaze over the cookies; let set, then serve.
I’ve made a ton of versions of these cookies for us because they come together really fast and are great for mornings, especially when we are on the go.
…and that’s like, every day, to be honest. I always manage to snooze the alarm clock 5 times.
The outside of the cookie is slightly crunchy, which I LOVE, and the inside is moist, soft, and chewy. Also, the pineapple-flavored glaze is just PERFECT!
- Nuts and Fruits Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Oats Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Energy Bites
- Coconut Macaroons
- Peanut Butter Cranberry Cookie Bites (Sugar Free, Gluten Free)
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Irresistible, soft and chewy oatmeal cookies bursting with carrot cake flavor, are super easy to make and taste amazing!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (add more if you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
Preheat oven to 375F.
Lightly grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
In your mixer's bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; mix until light and fluffy.
Beat in eggs and vanilla.
With a wooden spoon, mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and pineapple juice.
Stir until just blended.
Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes, or until set.
Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and pineapple juice in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.
WW FREESTYLE POINTS: 5
WW FREESTYLE POINTS WITHOUT WALNUTS: 4
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy