Apple Oatmeal Cookies – These perfectly soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are loaded with apples, oats, and cinnamon, and are topped with a simple sweet glaze.
Hallo friends! I’m comin’ at ya with another cookie recipe that sits on my Holiday Cookie Tray: Apple Oatmeal Cookies. They are chewy, they are soft, they have plenty of texture, and are seriously SO good!
The good news about these cookies: they are packed with apples and oats – all-the-good-things.
The bad news: a stick of butter.
The better news: I won’t say most, but very many, many, MANY cookie recipes use 2 sticks of butter…
So that’s that. 😊
P.S. Did I tell you that I went on a European Christmas Market Excursion two weeks ago? I DID! And it was amazing! That’s where I was inspired to share this recipe with you. Them Austrians love the flavors of Fall. Winter, too. All I could smell throughout the markets was cinnamon and apples. AND wine.
Not a bad deal. Nope… NOT at all…
Here I am at Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna – it’s a gorrrrrgeous place. Very cold, but very pretty. I also went to Paris, Reims, Budapest, Bratislava, etc… I’ll tell you more about this trip in another post. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Back to cookies.
APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES
Shredded apples + oats are my jam.
I make these cookies throughout the year for a quick, on-the-go breakfast, but they also make an appearance during the Holidays.
I am one of those people that first looks for the sweets and then tries to find the least damaging dessert. Knowing that surely there are other people just like me, I make a ton of these Apple Oatmeal Cookies and set them right next to those adorable Peach Cookies. For balance.
The deal is that while I am seldom up for a buttery sugary treat, I am always up for a chewy yet soft apple oatmeal cookie. Always. All the dang time. Forever and Amen.
Please go gather some butter, brown sugar, apples, and oats – we’re about to make easy, quick, and so dang delicious cookies!
MORE APPLE RECIPES
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 apple peeled, cored and shredded
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water, you can also use milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and milk.
- Stir until just blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water (or milk) in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.