Apple Oatmeal Cookies – These perfectly soft and chewy oatmeal cookies are loaded with apples, oats, and cinnamon, and are topped with a simple sweet glaze.
Hallo friends! I’m comin’ at ya with another cookie recipe that sits on my Holiday Cookie Tray: Apple Oatmeal Cookies. They are chewy, they are soft, they have plenty of texture, and are seriously SO good!
The good news about these cookies: they are packed with apples and oats – all-the-good-things.
The bad news: a stick of butter.
The better news: I won’t say most, but very many, many, MANY cookie recipes use 2 sticks of butter…
So that’s that. 😊
P.S. Did I tell you that I went on a European Christmas Market Excursion two weeks ago? I DID! And it was amazing! That’s where I was inspired to share this recipe with you. Them Austrians love the flavors of Fall. Winter, too. All I could smell throughout the markets was cinnamon and apples. AND wine.
Not a bad deal. Nope… NOT at all…
Here I am at Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna – it’s a gorrrrrgeous place. Very cold, but very pretty. I also went to Paris, Reims, Budapest, Bratislava, etc… I’ll tell you more about this trip in another post. I hope you’ll enjoy it!
Back to cookies.
APPLE OATMEAL COOKIES
Shredded apples + oats are my jam.
I make these cookies throughout the year for a quick, on-the-go breakfast, but they also make an appearance during the Holidays.
I am one of those people that first looks for the sweets and then tries to find the least damaging dessert. Knowing that surely there are other people just like me, I make a ton of these Apple Oatmeal Cookies and set them right next to those adorable Peach Cookies. For balance.
The deal is that while I am seldom up for a buttery sugary treat, I am always up for a chewy yet soft apple oatmeal cookie. Always. All the dang time. Forever and Amen.
Please go gather some butter, brown sugar, apples, and oats – we’re about to make easy, quick, and so dang delicious cookies!
MORE APPLE RECIPES
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
FOR THE COOKIES:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 apple peeled, cored and shredded
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon water, you can also use milk
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, combine butter and brown sugar; mix until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- With a wooden spoon, mix in the rest of the ingredients, except for powdered sugar and milk.
- Stir until just blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2-inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and transfer the cookies to a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix powdered sugar and water (or milk) in a small mixing bowl and drizzle over cooled cookies.