Salted Caramel-Glazed Pumpkin Donuts – Baked Pumpkin Donuts dipped in Salted Caramel Sauce. Yeah… there’s a lot going on. BUT, it’s soooo worth it.
Hi, guys!! Happy Friday!
Today calls for DOUGHNUTS! Er. DONUTS!
Let’s entertain my forever-obsession; everything-pumpkin.
Speaking of Obsession. Remember that cologne?!? Every boy that wore that cologne was SO HOT!
Then again, I thought Z. Cavaricci-wearing boys were also HOT as hell… so… that says a whole lot about my awesome taste. I was also 8-years old.
Can we start wearing sweaters around our neck, again? And why is it taking this long for hair-perms to come back?? I want one!
Is it breakfast, yet? I need a pumpkin donut.
It’s been a long while since we discussed donuts up in hurr!
I think of donut-making as a fall-winter-business thingamajig and that is why I haven’t had one since those Cherry Donuts from last year. And I just don’t do store-bought donuts. Not even Krispy Kreme. I only like mine homemade and baked. Buuuut, I have to admit, those Krispy Kreme doughnuts are in.sane. mouth.watering. SO GOOD!
Couple of years ago I made these Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts with Vanilla Glaze and my infatuation with baked doughnuts was ignited. I can honestly say those doughnuts are one of the best things I have to offer. I’m totally biased, but they really are the best baked doughnuts I’ve ever had.
However, this year I’ve added pumpkin puree to the mix and a drizzle of salted caramel for good measure.
Not too shabby. Not. at. all.
Seriously, these are wildly delicious. I don’t know what I was thinking when I decided to dip them in my caramel sauce, but obviously I was just in the mood for all the Fall-flavors in one bite.
I don’t know how you are going to stop yourself from having two, or three, or four, but good luck to ya. I wasn’t so lucky. I had ’em all. Good thing I only made six.
It would probably be a great idea for you to go and make these today. Tomorrow morning is fine, too. It’s Saturday and these are definitely worthy of Saturday morning breakfast… lunch. snack. dessert. It’s the weekend – let your wild side come out and indulge.
Let’s go ahead and start brewing that cup of joe.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4- cup caramel sauce (you can use store bought or you can use my recipe for Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease two doughnut pans with cooking spray. If you don't have a doughnut pan, you can use a standard muffin pan, instead. Set aside.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice in a mixing bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl beat together vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and pumpkin puree.
- Add flour mixture and continue to beat until well combined.
- Fill the cavities of the doughnut pans 3/4 full.
- Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until completely combined and smooth.
- Dip the cooled donuts in the glaze and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 15
SEE THE PICTURES BELOW? DON’T FORGET TO CLICK AROUND AND FIND YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPES!