30-Minute Caramel Sweet Rolls are perfect for dessert for even a quick breakfast. These homemade caramel rolls require no rise time, no kneading, and no waiting! They are easy, quick, and best of all, delicious!
30-Minute Caramel Sweet Rolls
Heeey! Happy Friday!
I have a song for you! It’s been stuck in my head for over 2 days and I think you need to join me, hum along with me, bop your head to the beat with me…
’cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse!
Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine
There’s no going back
Tu Tu Tu Tu Tu Tu Tu Tu
I hope you get to sing it all day long! 😉
I may or may not know someone that does thissss? But. Are you annoyed by people that sing in their cars, completely acting like they are on stage, rockin’ it out to Katy Perry?? I totally LOVE those people!!
It’s even better when I they bust out the NKOTB CD – Please Don’t Go Girl on repeat! Step By Step, too. I still heart JoeY.
I know. Sweet Rolls, it is.
Caramel Rolls Are Perfect For Eating Any Time Of The Day
I thought I was done with all this cold-weather comfort food for now, but apparently, I’m not. Aaaaand, it’s 48-degrees around these parts. In MID-May. So, Sweet Rolls it is. Cawffee, please!
All things aside, I lurrrrve cinnamon rolls, sweet rolls, all rolls! Sweet Rolls to me aren’t just breakfast food. It’s dessert food, it’s snack food, it’s all-the-time food. They are dee-lish-us!
Incidentally, if 30-minute sweet rolls aren’t your thing, (why not?!?) you can always hop over to my recipe for Cinnamon Rolls – they will take a while to make, but they are super amazing! Also, if you like a shortcut around the dough, you are more than welcome to make these awesome Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls!
This Recipe For Caramel Rolls Only Takes 30 Minutes To Make
But Caramel Sweet Rolls? SO dang good! Please find 30 minutes this weekend and make ’em. The fam will thank you.
P.S. You can use store-bought caramel topping, instead. Just sayin’…
30 Minute Caramel Sweet Rolls
!For the Caramel Sauce
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
!For the Dough
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon heavy cream
!For the Glaze
- 4 ounces cream cheese 1/2 of an 8 oz. package, softened
- 1 stick 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
!Make Caramel Sauce first.
- Combine brown sugar, half-and-half, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan; whisk and cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, or until it thickens.
- Add vanilla and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Sauce will thicken as it cools.
- Place it in the fridge for 15 minutes, or until ready to use.
!For the Dough
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add 1 cup cream and 1/2 cup buttermilk, and stir with a wooden spoon until the dough forms a ball.
- Using your hands, fold the dough over a few times in the bowl, folding until dough is smooth.
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface.
- Flour your hands and shape dough into a 9x13 inches rectangle, Dough should be about 1/2-inch thick.
- Spread the caramel sauce evenly over dough. (caramel sauce: use as much or as little as you want)
- Starting from the long side, roll-up the dough, shaping it into a cylinder.
- Slice into 9 rounds.
- Place the rounds, cut side down, into an ungreased 9-inch brownie pan or a pie plate.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned.
!In the meantime, make the glaze.
- Place cream cheese and butter in your mixer's bowl.
- Beat until creamy.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar; beat until smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Spread over warm sweet rolls (again, use as much or as little as you want).
SIMILAR DESSERT RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE: