These Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls are a delicious twist on the classic treat, made with refrigerated dough and packed with a layer of cinnamon sugar and chocolate. Topped with a smooth vanilla glaze, they are perfectly sweet, warm, and cozy.
Who doesn’t love the warmth and comfort of cinnamon rolls? Here, we are taking the traditional cinnamon roll and infusing it with the indulgence of chocolate to make these super easy yet super delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls. Made with the ease of refrigerated dough and livened up with chocolate chips, these cinnamon rolls are a sweet surprise to your breakfast or dessert table, and they come together in a snap!
Why We Love These Rolls
- Effortless: With refrigerated dough, you don’t have to wait for the dough to rise or fuss with any complicated steps. They’re practically lazy cinnamon rolls!
- Quick and Easy: Their simplicity is a game-changer – no rolling, no waiting, just straight-up deliciousness.
- Tried and Tested: Made multiple times over a short span, these rolls are a verified hit and will become a repeat recipe in any kitchen.
- Irresistible Freshness: These rolls are so tasty and fresh, it’s hard to eat just one. Prepare to be addicted!
Ingredients For Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Crescent Rounds Dough: The dough for the cinnamon rolls.
- Melted Butter: For brushing on the dough to help the filling adhere.
- Sugar: To sweeten and combine with the cinnamon.
- Ground Cinnamon: The signature flavoring for the traditional cinnamon roll filling.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Add a chocolatey twist to the classic filling.
- Milk: Used in the vanilla glaze to provide a creamy consistency.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: Adds flavor to the glaze.
- Powdered Sugar: To sweeten the glaze.
How To Make Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- Prep: Preheat your oven to 375°F and grease an 8-inch cake pan with non-stick spray; set it aside.
- Dough Prep: Separate the Crescent Rounds into 8 individual rolls and unroll each one. Brush melted butter over each piece of dough.
- Cinnamon-Sugar Mix: In a separate small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle a generous amount of this mixture over each buttered roll.
- Add Chocolate: Distribute the chopped chocolate evenly over the cinnamon-sugar layer on each roll.
- Rolling: Roll up each piece of dough carefully, ensuring you pinch the seams together.
- Bake: Place the rolls in the prepared cake pan, keeping them about 1 inch apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until the tops of the rolls turn golden brown.
- Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine milk, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture is smooth and free of lumps.
- Final Touch: Once the rolls are out of the oven, immediately brush them with the prepared glaze. Serve.
More Cinnamon Rolls Recipes
- Cinnamon Rolls with Pecans and Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- Valentine Cinnamon Rolls
Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can (8 ounces) crescent rounds dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375˚F. Lightly grease an 8-inch cake pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate the dough into 8 rolls and unroll. Brush each piece of dough with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Evenly divide and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar over each roll.
- Evenly divide the chopped chocolate and add it over the cinnamon-sugar.
- Carefully roll up each piece of dough, pinching seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan and bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine the milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly just until combined and no lumps appear. Remove from heat.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from the oven and immediately brush the rolls with the prepared glaze.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.