Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls – Quick and easy Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls made with refrigerated dough, chocolate chips, and cinnamon.
Heeey! How goes it? How was your weekend?
Mine, you ask? It was FABULOUS!
Well, apart from ruining our freshly painted walls and bumping my kid’s head into the car door. Other than that it was all good! I even got to pretty up and go out! First stop was a cutie’s FIRST birthday, and then we continued our Sunday-Funday by going to our Church picnic.
But, you know what this story is really about?
This is a story all about how I wanted to have some cinnamon rolls, but I wanted them right then and now!
So cheesy… I know! I can’t help myself!
Very often I make something and think how in the world did I live without this awesomeness? Just, how?!
You’re probably thinking She is craaaaazy, trying to convince me to roll out dough and bake for hours in this hot-mess of a weather! But, the beauty of these Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls is that you don’t have to do much work. Actually, these should just be renamed and called lazy cinnamon rolls. You don’t have to roll nothin’, you don’t have to wait for any dough to rise, fall, or whatever comes in between those two. Today it is all about the refrigerated dough, baby!
The first time I made these, I wanted to shoot myself because they are too freakin’ easy to make, which is why I have made them gazillion times in the last 2 months. AND they are GOOOOOD! Oh goodness, they are amazing! I could not stop eating them. I THANK Pillsbury for putting only 8 rolls in a can. Swear, if they have to start rolling me out of my house, it will be because of these rolls. For reals. I am not kidding. You just wait. You’ll see. Make them. You won’t be able to stop yourself.
Go and pick up a can of Crescent Rounds and some chocolate chips. You can thank me later. (You’re welcome) ;-D
In case you are looking for an authentic Cinnamon Rolls recipe, click over and save the recipe to these pretty incredible Cinnamon Rolls with Pecans and Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 can Crescent Rounds Dough
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips , chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cake pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls and unroll.
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.
- Evenly divide and sprinkle a generous amount of cinnamon-sugar over each roll.
- Evenly divide chopped chocolate and spread over cinnamon-sugar.
- Carefully roll up each dough, pinching seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- In the meantime prepare the vanilla glaze.
- Place milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a small saucepan and cook over medium-heat, stirring constantly just until combined and no lumps appear.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from oven and immediately brush rolls with prepared glaze.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.
Originally shared on A Night Owl Blog
Featured at iVillage