These Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls are prepared with a tasty pumpkin filling and an incredible pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting! They’re easy to make in just 30 minutes with refrigerated crescent dough.
Perfect Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
These soft pumpkin cinnamon rolls, packed with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, are perfectly complemented by a rich cream cheese frosting. They make for a wonderful addition to Fall brunches or as a Thanksgiving dessert treat!
Remember those indulgent Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls I introduced you to not so long ago? They were a hit! Inspired by their success, I experimented with various flavors, and these pumpkin rolls emerged as my top pick. They’re the ultimate Fall comfort treat and to make them even more irresistible, I’ve paired them with a pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting. Simply divine!
Why You Should Make This Pumpkin Rolls Recipe
- Quick & Easy: With store-bought dough, you can prep these rolls in just 10 minutes, and they’re ready in under 30 minutes total.
- Seasonal Treat: The infusion of pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice makes them the ideal treat for Fall and Thanksgiving festivities.
- Cream Cheese Frosting: A rich pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting complements the rolls, elevating their flavor.
- Ideal for Special Occasions: They’re perfect for Fall brunches, making your festive gatherings even more special.
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
In this pumpkin cinnamon roll recipe, we’ve incorporated several shortcuts to simplify the process. With just 10 minutes of prep and roughly 18 minutes in the oven, you’re on your way to perfect, fluffy rolls! I highly recommend following the recipe as provided to achieve the best results. Here are the essentials you’ll need:
Ingredients For Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Pillsbury Crescent Rounds: Used as the main dough for the cinnamon rolls. You will separate and unroll them to have 16 pieces, which serve as the base for your pumpkin filling. You can also use another brand of refrigerated dough.
- Melted Butter: To brush each piece of the crescent dough, giving the rolls a rich flavor and a golden-brown finish as they bake.
- Pumpkin Puree: This filling gives the rolls their pumpkin taste.
- Milk: Mixed with the pumpkin puree and other ingredients to create a smoother filling consistency.
- Light Brown Sugar: Adds sweetness to the pumpkin filling.
- Ground Cinnamon & Ground Nutmeg: Spices that will enhance the flavor of the pumpkin filling.
Ingredients For Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese before starting to make the frosting.
- Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
- Preparation: Start by preheating the oven to 375°F. Grease two 8-inch baking pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Working with the Dough: Detach the dough into individual sections, resulting in 16 separate pieces. Brush each section with the melted butter.
- Preparing the Filling: Combine the pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl until you achieve a uniform mixture.
- Filling and Rolling: Spread the pumpkin mixture over each buttered dough piece. Gently roll them up, ensuring the edges are sealed. Place the rolled pieces in the pans, leaving a gap of about an inch between each.
- Baking: Transfer the pans to the preheated oven and bake for around 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Frosting Prep: Meanwhile, cream the softened cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Gradually introduce the powdered sugar, mixing continuously. Once combined, blend in the pumpkin pie spice and vanilla extract for added flavor.
- Finishing Touch: Once baked, remove the rolls from the oven and generously glaze them with the prepared frosting while they’re still warm. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Milk: For a creamy filling, use 2% milk or higher.
- Dough: Try to find Pillsbury Crescent ROUNDS. I get mine on Instacart or at Target. If those are not available, use Original Crescent Rolls.
- Don’t Overbake: Remove your pumpkin cinnamon rolls from the oven when the tops are golden brown. If you overbake them, you could end up with dry cinnamon rolls.
- Cream Cheese: Make sure to soften the cream cheese before using. Softened cream cheese blends more easily, resulting in a smoother, creamier, lump-free texture.
- Serve Immediately: These sweet and gooey cinnamon rolls are best served warm.
- Adjust Frosting to Reach Desired Consistency: This pumpkin pie spice frosting is super smooth and creamy, but you can make it thicker if you’d like by adding more powdered sugar.
How to Store Cinnamon Rolls
- Store your leftover pumpkin cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Reheat them in the microwave, if desired, for 10-second intervals until warm.
More Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Mousse
- Pumpkin Fluff Dip
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin French Toast
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease two 8×8-inch pans with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Separate and unroll the dough into individual sections. You should have 16 pieces. Brush each piece of dough with the melted butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Evenly divide the pumpkin filling and spread it over each piece of rolled-out dough. Carefully roll up each piece of dough, lightly pinching the seams together. Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the cream cheese in your mixer's bowl and cream for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until creamy and smooth. Add in the pumpkin pie spice and the vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove the pans from the oven and immediately brush each roll with the cream cheese frosting. Serve.
- Milk: Opt for milk with a fat content of 2% or more for the most creamy outcome.
- Preferred Dough: Search for Pillsbury Crescent Rounds, which are often available on Instacart or at Target. If you can’t locate them, the Original Crescent Rolls will suffice.
- Don’t Overbake: Pull the rolls out of the oven as soon as they sport a golden hue on top.
- Cream Cheese Tip: Pull the cream cheese out of the fridge and let it sit on the countertop until softened, about 30 minutes for cubed cream cheese or up to an hour for a whole block. Softened cream cheese allows for a more even and creamy blend without any lumps.
- Serving Suggestion: Dive into these cinnamon rolls while they’re fresh and warm for the ultimate experience.
- Frosting Flexibility: The frosting is a perfect consistency; however, you can achieve a thicker consistency by introducing more powdered sugar.
- Storing Instructions: Safely store any leftover pumpkin cinnamon rolls in a sealed container at room temperature. They’ll stay fresh for 2 to 3 days.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.