These Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls are prepared with a tasty pumpkin filling and an incredible pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting! They’re easy to make in just 30 minutes with refrigerated crescent dough.
These Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls Are Perfect for Fall
These soft, fluffy and delicious cinnamon rolls are prepared with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, then glazed with a cream cheese frosting. This warm and flavorful pumpkin recipe is an awesome choice for Fall brunches or Thanksgiving desserts!
Not very long ago, I showed you how to make my sinfully delicious Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls… remember that?! Amazing, right? Love that stuff!
Well, it wasn’t very long before I tried making those same rolls with different flavors. These pumpkin pie ones were my absolute favorites. These cinnamon rolls are seriously the best comfort food for Fall! And I added a delicious pumpkin pie spice cream cheese frosting to top them off. Heaven.ly!
For the Cinnamon Rolls
- Pillsbury Crescent Rounds: If desired, you can use another brand of refrigerated dough.
- Melted Butter
- Pumpkin Puree
- Light Brown Sugar
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream Cheese: Soften your cream cheese before starting on the frosting.
- Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Prepare for Baking: Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
Unroll Dough: Separate the dough and unroll.
Brush with Butter: Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
Make Pumpkin Filling: In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Taste for sweetness and adjust.
Add Filling to Dough: Evenly divide the pumpkin filling and spread it over each piece of rolled-out dough.
Assemble Cinnamon Rolls: Carefully roll up each piece of dough, lightly pinching the seams together.
Bake: Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pan and bake them for 16 to 18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
Make Frosting: Place the cream cheese in your mixer’s bowl and cream it for 1 minute. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and continue to beat until smooth.
Add Pumpkin Pie Spice & Vanilla: Mix in the pumpkin pie spice. Then, add the vanilla extract and mix until thoroughly combined.
Frost Cinnamon Rolls: Remove the pans from the oven and immediately brush each roll with frosting. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for the Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Use 2% Milk: For the softest and fluffiest cinnamon rolls, use 2% milk or higher.
- Try to find Pillsbury Crescent ROUNDS. I get mine on Instacart or at Target. If those are not available, use Original Crescent Rolls.
- Don’t Overbake: Remove your pumpkin cinnamon rolls from the oven when the tops get golden brown. If you overbake them, you could end up with dry cinnamon rolls.
- Serve Immediately: These sweet and gooey cinnamon rolls are best served warm.
- Adjust Frosting to Reach Desired Consistency: This pumpkin pie spice frosting is super smooth and creamy, but you can make it thicker if you’d like by adding more powdered sugar.
How to Store Cinnamon Rolls
- Store your leftover pumpkin cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Reheat them in the microwave, if desired, for 5-second intervals until warm. Your cinnamon rolls will stay fresh for 3-4 days.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Tools Used in this Recipe
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
- 2 cans (16 ounces, total) Pillsbury Crescent Rounds
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese , softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease two 8-inch cake pans with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Separate dough and unroll. You should have 16 pieces.
- Brush each piece of dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Evenly divide pumpkin filling and spread over each piece of rolled-out dough.
- Carefully roll up each piece of dough, lightly pinching the seams together.
- Arrange the rolls 1 inch apart in the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until tops are golden brown.
In the meantime, prepare the frosting.
- Place cream cheese in your mixer's bowl and cream for 1 minute, or until creamed.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar and continue to beat until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in pumpkin pie spice.
- Add vanilla and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Remove pans from oven and immediately brush each roll with frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
This recipe was originally published on October 10, 2013. The post was updated on September 9, 2020.