Pumpkin Mousse Ice Box Cake – No-bake ice box cake made with silky, sweet Pumpkin Mousse nestled between layers of graham crackers and Vanilla Whipped Cream.
Hey, Hey, Friends! Hey, Hey, Friday! GREAT to see you, both!
Said in Chandler’s voice; Could I BE any more excited to tell you about this cake?! NO! I wish I could jump through the monitor and have at it, just one more time.
So, guess what!? I have some awesomely incredible greatness to share with you. I made you Pumpkin Mousse! Then I spread it over graham crackers, and whipped cream, and then I froze it! Except that I didn’t freeze it…
Well, I did, but not solid because mousse paired with whipped cream doesn’t freeze…solid. It’s some science-talk that I am nowhere near capable of explaining.
But it was solid-enough. The way Ice Box Cakes should be. The good news is that, no matter the science, it worked!
Also? I just needed an excuse to make a Summer dessert in the dead of Fall, and to somehow Autumn-ize it. I think I succeeded.
Feels like it’s been nearly a bazillion years since I last shared a cake recipe with you, my lovelies. I thought it was time to change that with this Pumpkin Mousse Ice Box Cake because this is the best thing, yet. It was one of those times where I had to ask God, why calories. WHY, God, WHY? If there was no calories to think about, I would have never shared this amazingness…
…which is probably why God made calories… so that you would have to share. Good game, God…good game.
This cake was the talk of the town (2 households) for days when I first made it. My mom couldn’t stop praising it and my husband couldn’t stop eating it.
Obviously, we are SOOOOO NOT sick of Pumpkin. NO way. You, either? Would you care for a bite of my delicious Pumpkin Donuts? They’re dipped in Salted Caramel Glaze!
Oh puhleaaaaaase! As if you have anything better to do than to read through another pumpkin recipe! You do?! But wait! For only .99 cents more, you get a … just kidding! 🙂
But, really. Apart from mixing and layering a few ingredients, there’s not much left to do here. It’s foolproof, it’s delicious, and HEL!LO!, there’s pumpkin in it!
By the way, get on this, stat. Do I have to convince you to try it?! I mean, don’t these photos say it all? The recipe is a TOTAL! YAAAY!
- 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree
- 4- ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 to 3 sleeves graham crackers , whole
- chocolate shavings
- chopped pecans
- In a food processor, combine pumpkin puree, cream cheese, light brown sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and nutmeg; process until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- With machine running, add maple syrup, and continue to process until combined. Set aside.
- In your mixer's bowl, beat 1 cup heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold previously prepared pumpkin mixture into whipped cream.
- Refrigerate until ready to use, or at least 30 minutes.
- In your mixer's bowl combine heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar.
- Beat mixture until stiff peaks form.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Spread a little whipped cream on the bottom of a long and narrow plate or in a 9x13 pan.
- Place one single layer of 4 whole graham crackers over whipped cream.
- Spread 1/3 of the vanilla whipped cream over graham crackers.
- Spread 1/3 of the pumpkin mousse over whipped cream.
- Place a single layer of 4 whole graham crackers over pumpkin mousse.
- Continue to layer until you've used up all ingredients, ending with whipped cream to cover the entire cake.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Top with chocolate shavings and chopped pecans.
- Cut and Serve.
MORE NO-BAKE DESSERTS