Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree – Super easy way to prepare homemade and delicious pumpkin puree in the crock pot, and it’s so so so much better than store-bought!
The best one-ingredient recipe I have made, to date. I’m so excited that I can’t even stand it. I mean. Look at this pumpkin puree. So easy and so creamy… and my BFF, my slow cooker, made it all possible. ❤
BTW, Hi-Ya, friends! Happy Happy Wednesday! Thank you for coming by!
Pumpkin puree in the slow cooker… why have I waited this long to make it?! I thought roasted was always best, buuuuut this was equally ah.may.zing. Steady and slow for the win!
This is my hey-let’s-kickoff-Thanksgiving-season recipe, and could it fit the bill any better? Exactly!
Why, you say, make this at home when you can buy it done and ready in a can at your local grocery store? Is that what you’re asking yourself? I bet you are! Well, without going much into it, I’ll say this: it’s way healthier. it’s cheaper. and it tastes better.
Also, it’s ready to be worked with in whatever way you know how; more nutmeg, less nutmeg; more cinnamon, no cinnamon; less allspice, all-the-allspice; creamier, chunkier… See what I mean?
As soon as this was done cooking, I made my all-time best PUMPKIN MUFFINS – have you tried them, yet?!? PLEASE do SO! You won’t regret it, and it will be your go-to pumpkin muffins recipe. I promise.
The following day I made my homemade LIGHTENED UP PUMPKIN PIE, for research purposes. And so that I could tell you about it. Results: Best best best tasting pie!! We can’t wait until Thanksgiving to have it again.
Note: this Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree method works for all pumpkins; sugar pumpkin, heirloom, winter squash, etc…
You’re just going to cut up your pumpkin in several wedges, cover your slow cooker with a liner (no mess!), arrange the pumpkin wedges inside the slow cooker, cover, and let it go. Come back a bit later, scoop out the flesh, and werrrk it!
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Puree
- 2 small pumpkins (sugar or pie pumpkins, not the big jack o lanterns) cut in wedges
- Cover slow cooker with a liner.
- Arrange pumpkin wedges in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours, or until the flesh of the pumpkin is tender.
- Scoop the flesh off the skin and transfer flesh to a food processor or blender. Discard skins.
- Blend pumpkin until smooth, or to a desired consistency.
- Spoon the pureed pumpkin into zip-close freezer bags OR wide-mouth canning jars.
- Pumpkin puree can be frozen in freezer bags or refrigerated for 8 to 10 days.