Chocolate Pumpkin Bread – This easy quick bread recipe is packed with warm spices, a wonderful chocolate and pumpkin flavor, plus it’s lightened up and it’s delicious!
This recipe was originally published on September 13, 2013 and updated with new photos and content on September 6, 2017.
Hi, my dear friends!! I heard it was September. Know what that meaaannnnns? Pumpkin everything!! Which would most definitely include this Chocolate Pumpkin Bread that I shared with you eons ago and finally got around to updating it.
In case you haven’t noticed, I am a big fan of quick breads – see this Olive Oil Pumpkin Bread and this Apple Zucchini Bread – but what I like most about these recipes is that I have found a way around that guilty feeling while consuming all-the-carbs. Here’s what I mean:
- Whole Wheat Flour
- Pumpkin (or apples, zucchini, bananas, etc…!)
- and in the case of this CHOCOLATE Pumpkin Bread, DARK Chocolate Chips!
Dark Chocolate is good for you! It IS! Google it.
What I am trying to get at is: this pumpkin bread – you can’t go wrong with it. UNLESS you eat the whole loaf all by yourself. Then, you’ve definitely gone very wrong. But if ya stick to say, a slice, you’re ALL good! Even 2 slices. 3 is sort of pushing it… Buuuut, it is under 100 calories a slice… 3 slices and there’s your dinner! KIDDING!
In other news, did you know that the only thing better than eating pumpkin bread in your striped pajamas is slathering some butter all over that slice and adding a drizzle of honey? Best.garnish.evvver.
Here’s how we’re going to make this stuff happen; please gather your eggs, pumpkin puree, yogurt, plus a few other little things and combine them in a bowl. In the same bowl, we are going to add our flours and chocolate chips.
After a bit of stirring and folding, we will add the batter to a loaf pan and bake it for around 40 minutes.
In the meantime, sit back, forget about the laundry, and enjoy a little quiet time with your favorite App on your phone.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sweetener or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine yogurt, pumpkin, eggs, sweetener, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; whisk until completely incorporated.
- Add flours and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Fold in 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into previously prepared loaf pan.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips over the top and bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from loaf pan and set over a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut and serve.