This healthy Zucchini Bread is a soft, moist, sweet, delicious, whole wheat quick bread made with zucchini and apples.
Zucchini Bread Meets Apples
Flavor-packed, moist, and delicious Zucchini Bread with Apples. It’s a perfect blend of healthy and sweet that’s sure to become a family favorite. We are taking zucchini bread to extra delicious levels by adding apples, coconut oil, yogurt, and other tasty things!
This heavenly fusion of garden-fresh zucchini and crisp apples in a warm, fragrant loaf is just what your tastebuds ordered. Whether it’s a quick breakfast, mid-afternoon snack, or late-night treat, this zucchini apple bread never disappoints.
Why You’ll Love This Quick Bread
- You’ll have your batter ready in like 8-ish minutes.
- Expect a moist and flavorful bite.
- Sneaky way to enjoy some veggies.
- You can jazz it up with extras like chocolate chips, nuts, or blueberries.
- Makes perfect muffins, too!
- And the best part? It freezes like a dream!
Zucchini Bread Ingredients
Zucchini and apples are tasteful and packed with nutrients, making this bread a healthier choice. I know you’ll love the flavors, and your body will thank you for the nutritional boost! To make this quick bread, you’ll need the following:
- Zucchini and Apples
- All Purpose Flour and Whole Wheat Flour
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda
- Salt, Ground Cinnamon, & Ground Nutmeg
- Coconut Oil
- Eggs & Vanilla Extract
- Nonfat Yogurt
How To Make Healthy Zucchini Bread
Crafting this delightful bread is as simple as it gets. Follow our step-by-step guide, and you’ll be pulling a warm loaf of apples and zucchini bread out of your oven before you know it.
- Heat the oven to 350˚F and coat a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray, dust with flour, and set it aside.
- Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- In a bigger bowl, blend sugar, coconut oil, eggs, yogurt and vanilla using a mixer on medium until well mixed.
- Add in the flour mixture. Beat on low until mixed, then medium for 30 seconds.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and apples. Then transfer the batter to the loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and let it cool completely.
Around here, we absolutely adore this homemade zucchini bread with apples recipe. One bite, and you’ll understand why! It beautifully combines the rich flavors of coconut oil and pure vanilla extract with the warmth of cinnamon and the summer’s fave veggie, zucchini.
My favorite part about this zucchini bread is that my kids love it. They also don’t know about the green vegetable in there. That’s okay – they don’t ever need to know. 🦹♀️
- Properly Prep Your Zucchini and Apples: Grate the zucchini and apples, and if they’re excessively moist, lightly press them between layers of paper towels to remove some of the moisture.
- Don’t Overmix the Batter: Mix your ingredients until they are just combined. Overmixing can lead to a denser, tougher bread.
- Test for Doneness: Since oven temperatures can vary, start checking your bread around the 45-minute mark. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool Before Cutting: Allow the bread to cool completely before you attempt to slice it.
- Storage: Store it in the refrigerator if it won’t be eaten in a couple of days, or slice it and freeze it for longer storage.
Want more zucchini recipes? How about these Baked Garlic Parmesan Zucchini Chips OR the best Ricotta Zucchini Meatballs Recipe on the internet! 😉 We also love these Air Fryer Zucchini Crisps, my Grilled Zucchini Salad, and this Cream of Zucchini Soup!
Healthy Apple and Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup grated zucchini, about 1 zucchini
- 1 cup grated apples, about 1 to 2 apples
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle it with flour; shake off the excess and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ground nutmeg; whisk until thoroughly combined.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, coconut oil, eggs, yogurt and vanilla.
- Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and beat on low speed until just combined, and then on medium speed for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and apples.
- Pour the batter into the previously prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the pan and let it completely cool on a wire rack.
- Cut and serve.
- Prep: Wash and grate zucchini and apples and pat dry them with paper towels to remove some of the moisture.
- Mixing: Don’t over-mix; mix until the ingredients are just combined to avoid dense bread.
- Check Doneness: The bread is baked and ready when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cooling: Let the bread cool before slicing to keep it together.
- Storage: Keep it on the counter for 1 to 2 days. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 4 days.
- To Freeze: Let the baked bread cool completely before you wrap it in some aluminum foil and tuck it away in the freezer. To thaw, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. Then, let it sit on the kitchen counter to bring it to room temperature when you’re ready to slice it. This quick bread will hold up beautifully in the freezer for up to three months.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.