***This is an old recipe from the Diethood archives updated with new photos and content***
Easy One Bowl Banana Bread Recipe – Easy to make and lightened-up delicious banana bread recipe with crunchy pecans and loads of banana flavor.
Truth: I hide bananas.
Not because I’m bananas about bananas, but because I’m bananas about banana bread. And nuts about nuts!
Hey Hey, internetS friends! First things first: It’s Monday! Do you love Mondays?!? lol
Although, I have to be honest. On Mondays, I have the most energy. On Mondays, I feel like I can tackle every single one of those 1347 emails in my inbox. Of course, I also tell myself that I have until Friday to do that.
So. Do you ever get something stuck in your head that you just HAVE to have? That you just have to make and inhale?
This banana bread was that thing for me.
But good news: those bananas I was hiding… I mashed ‘em up, added in some sugar and eggs and threw in some pecans, and Oh. My. Yumminess. Insane! The most perfectly soft-crusted outside, and cakey, moist inside. Makes for a lovely breakfast, coffee-partner or midnight snack, which happens to be my personal fave.
While I was at it, I snapped some pics and decided to update this old post. Lord knows those photos needed a makeover.
The fun news: this is actually a base banana bread recipe that I’ve used for years. It’s quick to prepare because it’s all done in one bowl, and it’s also easy to play around with it. For instance, if you don’t like white whole wheat flour, use all-purpose flour. Don’t like pecans, throw in some walnuts. Or chocolate chips? Even better!
Looking to replace the sugar with a sweetener? Go right ahead! I’ve done it all, and it all works perfectly.
And don’t you want the biggest cup of coffee right now? With the biggest slice of this beauty?! Let’s do it.
P.S. We have never polished off an entire loaf of banana bread within one day. This one didn’t make it to the next hour.
CRAVING MORE? SIGN UP FOR THE DIETHOOD NEWSLETTER FOR FRESH NEW RECIPES DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX!
FOLLOW DIETHOOD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST AND INSTAGRAM FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS USED IN THIS RECIPE
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas , mashed
- 1/3- cup melted butter
- 1/2- cup Truvia baking sweetener OR 3/4-cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1-1/2 cup white whole wheat flour OR all-purpose flour
- 1/2- cup chopped pecans (you can also use walnuts, chocolate chips, raisins, etc...)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a 4×8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and butter; using a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix well.
- Add in the flour and carefully mix the batter.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into previously prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on a rack.
- Cut and serve.
WW SmartPoints: 5
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy