This Banana Bread Recipe is simple and delicious, packed with the richness of sweet bananas and studded with crunchy pecans.
This easy-to-make Banana Bread is moist and delicious, with loads of banana flavor and crunchy nuts. It is a quick and tasty recipe that gives perfect results every time. A nice quick bread with a soft, delicate crust and a cake-like, moist interior, it makes for an ideal breakfast treat, a companion for your coffee, or just a sweet snack.
Why You Should Make This Recipe
- Utilizes Overripe Bananas: This recipe is the perfect solution for using up overripe bananas.
- Easy to Make: This recipe requires just a few basic ingredients that you likely already have on hand.
- Adaptable: You can customize the bread to suit your preferences. Add in nuts, chocolate chips, or spices.
- Comforting: The warm, sweet aroma of banana bread baking in the oven is quintessentially comforting.
Banana Bread Ingredients
- To make this banana bread, you will need ripe bananas, melted butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt, flour, and chopped nuts.
How To Make Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the mashed bananas and melted butter until well combined. Add in sugar, egg, and vanilla extract, and mix well. Stir in the baking soda and a pinch of salt, then stir in the flour until the batter is combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans or your choice of mix-ins. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.
- Banana ripeness: The more ripe and blackened your bananas, the better. Overripe bananas will add more moisture and a sweeter, deeper banana flavor.
- Mixing: Do not overmix the batter once you’ve added the flour; this can lead to denser, tougher bread.
- Customizing: Feel free to add other ingredients like chocolate chips, dried fruit, or different nuts.
- Flour: If white whole wheat flour is not in your pantry, use all-purpose flour instead.
- Checking doneness: Insert a toothpick in the center of the bread to check for doneness. If it comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs, it’s done.
- Cooling: Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing it. This makes it easier to remove from the pan without it breaking apart.
How To Store Banana Bread
Once baked and completely cooled, wrap the bread in plastic wrap and a second layer of aluminum foil. Keep at room temperature for up to 2 days. For longer storage, refrigerate for up to a week or freeze for 2 to 3 months.
More Quick Bread Recipes
Easy One Bowl Banana Bread Recipe
- 3 to 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Truvia baking sweetener, Or 3/4-cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1½ cups white whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Line a 4×8 inch loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and butter; using a wooden spoon, mix the melted butter into the mashed bananas until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix well.
- Add in the flour and carefully mix the batter.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour the mixture into previously prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove the bread from the pan and transfer it to a while rack to cool completely.
- Cut and serve.
- Bananas: Use very ripe bananas for more flavor and moisture.
- Mixing: Don’t overmix the batter after adding the flour to keep the bread light.
- Baking Soda: Ensure it’s fresh for the best rise.
- Add-ins: Customize with your favorite nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit.
- Doneness: Use a toothpick to check if the bread is fully baked.
- Cooling: Let the bread cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing.
- Storing: Keep leftovers in an airtight container or freeze them for longer storage.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.