Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Coconut Oil – A delicious and super moist banana bread made healthier using whole wheat flour, sweet bananas, and coconut oil. No mixer needed!
The moistest, most flavorful Banana Bread you will ever have. EVER! Bold statement, I know, but ’tis the truth!
Hey Hey, you guys! Happy Saturday!
Did you see THE dress?! What do you think – is it blue/black, gold/white…uhm…purple/red?!
Honestly? I saw it in gold/white only twice, and blue/black the rest of the times. Aaaaand the rest of those times was, like, hellovalot! I haven’t opened up Facebook in two days (more like 2 hours….) ’cause I fear seeing that dang dress, again.
In other news… water is wet. 😉
So there used to be a nicely browned loaf of this banana bread sitting on my kitchen counter just two days ago??? <— insert “Clueless” voice.
It’s no longer there. I swallowed it.
Okay, wait. That’s not entirely true. I baked that loaf, packed it up and sent it with my husband to work. I couldn’t trust myself with it because days before I made the one that you’re staring at, and that one IS the one that I demolished. Not a crumb was left in the pan.
Ahem. Heavenly Father, THANK YOU for my treadmill.
Then again, it’s whole wheat so it counts as eating half of a loaf. Right? Right.
You know what, though? If you like cake for breakfast, this is for you. No, really, it is. And if you’re open to the idea of health-ier breakfasts? This has your name written all over it. If YOU have ever wanted just that one perfect recipe for banana bread, this is going to be your favorite one ever!
I’m taking things too far, aren’t I? I mean, I’m pretty sure everyone already has THE BEST recipe for BB, and truth be told, I thought I had nailed it with this Blueberry Banana Bread – delicious, indeed – but I’m liking this whole wheat one a bit more.
Let’s just say this; 3 bananas (overripe, black is even better), coconut oil, aaaaand whole wheat flour. Is this real life?!
This needs to happen at your house, stat!
Craving more? Sign up for the DIETHOOD Newsletter for a fresh serving of content delivered to your inbox! Follow Diethood on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipes and updates.
Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Coconut Oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2- teaspoon salt
- 3 overripe bananas , mashed
- 2 eggs , beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2- cup melted coconut oil (measure about 1/3-cup solid coconut oil and melt it; this should give you roughly around 1/2-cup, which is the amount that you will need)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- LIghtly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and sprinkle with flour; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flours, baking soda and salt; whisk until combined and set aside.
- Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl; add sugar and, using a large spoon, mix until combined.
- Stir in beaten eggs and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Stir in coconut oil, stirring until incorporated.
- Add flour mixture to the banana mixture and mix just until combined.
- Transfer batter to previously prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a rack.
- Remove bread from the pan.
- Using a bread knife, slice the banana bread and serve.
- Optional: Top slices with a sliver of butter and a drizzle of honey - it's heavenly!