Blueberry Banana Bread – Classic Banana Bread studded with juicy and delicious blueberries. This is the perfect breakfast snack to serve with your morning coffee or tea.
Ladies & Gents, before we get to this beautiful, extra-delicious, SUPERB Blueberry Banana Bread, I have an announcement… PSL is back!!!
NO, not Play Station Limited, as my husband thought… I LOL’ed for a few good minutes when I saw his face – he was dead serious.
But, no. We’re talking about the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. It’s there!!
BUT! And this is just a thought, BUT I do have the recipe for it. Well, the recipe may not be completely “Starbucks-it”, however this Pumpkin Spice Latte homemade recipe is the best one yet. Scouts honor.
BLUEBERRY BANANA BREAD
Okey, Dokey. Now we can talk about blueberries and bananas. And bread. Or cake. I think it’s as good as cake, and don’t know why it’s called bread, but hey, who am I to talk. I never went to culinary school nor pastry school. I just cook and bake. Aaaaand hope for good results. (My fingers are crossed the entire time that I have something in the oven… I SUCK at getting things right the first time around.)
Yet, I think this awesome banana bread was perfect on the first try.
Usually, when it comes to banana bread, I just throw things in there and pray for greatness. Like this Peanut Butter Banana Bread with Candied Bacon. I know. It sounds ridiculous, but it’s incredible! Elvis approved, eh?!
This time around I just went overboard and bought an insane amount of blueberries. I knew I could eat them all, but I had to make some of those Blueberry Sauce Crepes with Honey Whipped Cream, a few dozen Blueberry Lemon Muffins, and a loaf, or four, of this seriously delicious Blueberry Banana Bread. In all honesty, you guys, I couldn’t keep my hands off this bread. It’s SO GOOD!
All muffins are stuffed away in the freezer, and I have school snacks for at least a month! The banana bread kinda didn’t make it to the freezer – most of it is in mah belly! If you want to do the same, make this bread ASAP. I promise you will love it. It’s such a good snack, and it goes really well with your morning coffee or tea.
HOW TO KEEP BANANA BREAD MOIST
- Cover with plastic wrap and then with foil. Banana Bread will last 2 days at room temperature, and 1 week in the fridge.
- To freeze banana bread, wrap with plastic wrap, then foil, and store it in a large freezer bag. Banana Bread will last 2 to 3 months in the freezer.
MORE BANANA BREAD RECIPES
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread with Coconut Oil
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Easy One Bowl Banana Bread
- Skillet Chocolate Banana Bread
TOOLS USED IN THIS RECIPE
Blueberry Banana Bread
- 4 tablespoons butter , softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 bananas , mashed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour , divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Butter up a 9×5-loaf pan, sprinkle with flour and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and continue to beat until well incorporated.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold in mashed bananas and 1/2 cup flour; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining flour, ground cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into banana mixture until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Invert onto a rack.
- Cut and serve.