Tell me. Why does everyone call them Lemon Blueberry Muffins?! That is, why does lemon come first in the title? Or am I the only one that thinks this? Go and do a google search – you will see that most people use lemon first.
I’m gonna change that. I think there’s way more blueberry in these babes than lemon. The blueberries deserve to be in first place. Therefore, let’s discuss Blueberry Lemon Muffins.
These blueberry studded treats were inspired by two things; my cravings and The Leftovers Club.
You see, not every morning in my life is filled with Nutella French Toast Rollups. But, it should be. However, once in a while we need a change. And that change is OH SO very welcome when it comes in the form of these ridiculously amazing muffins.
A while back I found myself drinking a bottle of wine on a
Wednesday Friday night, and when the munchies kicked in, all I wanted was muffins. With blueberries. And lemon!
The following morning I got right down to it. Right after I took a couple of Tylenols.
I whipped up the batter, but I forgot to measure and jot down all that I was putting in the batter. (I know…the wine was still taking care of my thoughts) So, that’s a big oopsy when you have a food blog and when you want to share your leftovers with a fellow food blogger. Obviously the oopsy wasn’t that bad because I got to go back in the kitchen and experiment some more just a few days later.
These muffins are filled with some serious love – brown sugar, sour cream, lots of blueberries, and the perfect amount of lemon zest. Oh goodness, I think I just described the perfect sweet treat! Me thinks you need to do your tummy a favor and make these soon. More like, stat!
P.S. Please check out the rest of The Leftovers Club participants at the bottom of this post. Thank You!
Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in brown sugar; set aside.
- In a separate, large mixing bowl beat the eggs until fluffy, about 1 minute or so.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in lemon zest.
- Slowly whisk in half of the dry ingredients to the sour cream mixture.
- Whisk in the rest, and continue to whisk/mix until well incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on rack.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.