Indulge in a delightful fusion of flavors with our delicious and warm Mexican Coffee, featuring a tempting mix of tequila, coffee liqueur, and sweet cream for an irresistible, cozy beverage experience.
Clearly, we all need a cocktail, however THIS coffee-cocktail should also be known as, Mommy Juice – it works WONDERS!
Soooo… HI! How are you?? Happy mid-week!
If you had told me ten years ago that I’d be sitting here adding tequila to my coffee, I would’ve said… HECK YEAH! 😀
Tequila reminds me of Puerto Vallarta, circa 2001. All I remember is my friends, Coronas, tequila, of course, and “Hit ‘Em Up Style” by Blu Cantrell.
I wish I had known about Mexican Coffee back then – I would’ve ordered it every single day.
And I also remember that our mornings included awesome leftover guacamole… it was brown, but damn good! Anything to cure a hangover, you know?
How To Make Boozy Mexican Coffee
On topic. I learned about this delicious coffee-drink at a nearby, family-owned authentic Mexican Restaurant. I was told that Mexican Coffee recipes are many and varied, but with tequila, kahlua, and cream, it is as authentic as it gets.
I took their advice and got drunk as soon as I got home. By the time I got the ratios down pat, I was slurring my words and started bumpin’ to Nelly Furtado’s, I’m Like a Bird. I quickly learned that a full shot-glass of tequila in hot brewed coffee was not the answer to this recipe. Ew!
- So, what I’m trying to say is grab your favorite ground coffee and brew it with a couple of teaspoons of ground cinnamon and 5 cups of water.
- In the meantime, heat up the milk, heavy cream, and chocolate syrup in a small saucepan over low heat. Once it starts to simmer, remove it from the heat and whisk in the kahula, tequila, vanilla, and the brewed coffee.
- Divide up the coffee between four cups, top with whipped cream, and serve it immediately.
- Cheers! 🥂
Go get a glass or a mug, and join me. We can celebrate Cinco de Mayo right now, if you like.
Also? That cream on top? OH yeah… super amazing.
- ¾ cup ground coffee, use your favorite regular or decaf coffee
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 cups water
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 ounces kahlua
- 2 ounces tequila
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- whipped cream, chocolate shavings, ground cinnamon, for garnish, optional
- Add the coffee grounds and cinnamon to the filter basket of your coffee pot.
- Then add 5 cups of water to the pot and brew as usual.
- In the meantime, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, chocolate syrup, and brown sugar in a saucepan; set the saucepan over low heat and bring the mixture to a gentle simmer.
- When it starts to simmer, remove it from the heat; whisk the brewed coffee, Kahlua, tequila, and vanilla into the milk mixture.
- Divide the coffee among 4 cups and top with whipped cream, ground cinnamon, and chocolate shavings.
- Serve immediately.
- For Iced Coffee: Allow the mixture to cool completely and pour it over ice.
- For Alcohol-Free Coffee, leave out the tequila and Kahlua.
Nutritional info is an estimate and provided as courtesy. Values may vary according to the ingredients and tools used. Please use your preferred nutritional calculator for more detailed info.