Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte – An exact replica of Starbucks’ deliciously sweet, warm and comforting Cinnamon Dolce Latte.
Hi friends!! Happiest of Fridays!
What’s on the agenda for tonight? Dinner? Movies? Getting plastered??
I was once in Australia and I said something along the lines of, “Maaaan, I am SO pissed!”. And one of the Aussies goes, “Already?! We just got here! You’ve only had half a drink!!”. Then I made that face. You know the one. You look all confused and your eyes pop out of your head and all you want to say is, “Um, whaaaat?” (in the voice of Leslie Mann on Big Daddy.)
Apparently “pissed” in Aussie-terms means plastered. Or drunk. Wasted! Hammered? Trashed!? Got more?
Obviously, this has nothing to do with Cinnamon Dolce Latte since alcohol is out of the recipe equation, buuuut if you’re looking to get your Friday freak-ON with coffee AND booze, take a sip of this Authentic Irish Coffee – that is some goooood stuff!
Starbucks is like a whole country away from my house. It takes a bit over 20 minutes to get to it, mostly because of the trillion stop-lights that you have to get past. Which, by the way, I LOVE it when I catch them all on GREEN!! I always feel SO accomplished when I just buzz right through them all!
…can’t believe that’s what gets me excited these days…
So to avoid all the red lights, and to get my Starbucks-fix, many a times I will just go into mah kitchen and prepare mahself a good ole Cinnamon Dolce Latte! OR a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
And while on the subject… that’s LAH-TAY! Last time I was at Starbucks, I overheard a customer ask for a Pumpkin Spice LATE! As in, I’m going to be LATE to the movies… She said LATE. All serious and stuff… 😀
Don’t you just want to go ahead and cradle that mug? Like right now!? If you hop into your kitchen right this second, it will be in your hands in about 4.3 minutes.
Ready? Steady. GO!
This easy coffee recipe is an exact replica of Starbucks' sweet, warm & comforting Cinnamon Dolce Latte! Perfect for the holidays & chilly weather sipping.
- 6 ounces boiling water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder - I use Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso Coffee 2 Ounce (you want a strong cup of coffee so to balance the creaminess and sweetness of the milk-mixture)
- 1/2- cup milk (I use skim)
- 1/4- teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2- tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/2- teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream and Ground Cinnamon for garnish
- Stir the espresso powder into the hot water and set aside.
- In a glass measuring cup combine milk, cinnamon, brown sugar, vanilla and nutmeg; stir until thoroughly combined.
- Place in Microwave and cook for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the milk starts to froth up.
- Remove from Microwave and stir again.
- Place in Microwave for an additional 30 seconds, or until the milks starts to froth up again.
- Remove and, while stirring the espresso, slowly pour the milk mixture into the coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with cinnamon.
RECIPE SOURCE: DIETHOOD
WW SmartPoints: 5
DON’T FORGET TO CLICK AROUND AND FIND YOUR NEW FAVORITE RECIPES!
I’M IN THE MOOD FOR…
- Has Eggs
- Is Healthy
- Is Make Ahead
- Is Simple
- Is a Smoothie
- Is Kid Friendly
- Is Light
- Is Quick
- Is Perfect for Work
- Are Cheesy
- Are Dips or Spreads
- Are Healthy
- Are Perfect for Parties
- Are Simple
- Has Beef
- Has Chicken
- Uses an Instant Pot
- Is Quick
- Has Seafood
- Uses a Slow Cooker
- Is Vegetarian
- Have Alcohol
- Are Crowd Pleasers
- Are Fruity
- Are Kid Friendly
- Are Seasonal
- Is Chocolatey
- Is Festive
- Is Frozen
- Is Easy