Eggnog is still in, right? Or am I two weeks too late? Even so. I’m celebrating Christmas today so Eggnog is totally in!
We are going to dive into these Oatmeal Eggnog Muffins in a couple of hours. After that we are going to take an eating-break, and later we will stuff our faces with everything under the sun. I have the slow cooker on, two ovens, three stove top burners… everything and everyone is working overtime today. As they should.
It’s going to be a fun day with family and friends and I am really looking forward to it. If you need me, I will either be in the kitchen, or at the table satisfying my inner fat kid.
That’s why I made these muffins sort of healthy. Balance is the key to my game. 😉
On a side note – I wonder if adding oats to a cheeseburger patty (beef and all), would define that cheeseburger as a healthy cheeseburger. Hmmm…
These Eggnog Muffins are really, really good. I was kind of surprised because I am not a fan of Eggnog, but Eggnog in muffins is a great idea! They are a bit spicy, they are also very sweet, and they smell wonderfully. Serve these with a side of milk and enjoy!
Now I’m going to go back into that kitchen and see what else I need to taste… 🙂
To those celebrating today, Merry Christmas! Christ is Born!
Честит Божик! Христос се Роди!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ tsp rum extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Line two standard 6-cavity muffin pans with paper cups and spray each cup with a nonstick spray. You can also use a 12-cavity cupcake pan.
- Place the oats and eggnog in a bowl and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs.
- Stir the eggs into the eggnog mixture; mix in the vanilla, rum, brown sugar, and vegetable oil.
- Pour the eggnog mixture into the flour mixture and stir just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin cups, sprinkling turbinado sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
WW SmartPoints: 7