Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake – Moist and deliciously tender lemon bundt cake studded with fresh blueberries.
Lemon Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake?! YAHSSS! This cake is unbelievably good! Vibrant and lemony and perfectly paired with sweet blueberries!
Guess what I am doing right at this very moment. Some of you might know because I told you about it last week.
I am most likely on a plane, scared for my dear life, and popping anti-anxiety pills as if they were jelly beans. I’m popping Tums, too! Anxiety gets the best of me.
But I have some serious news for you…
While I am away, visiting my beautiful home-country, Macedonia, for an entire month, I am going to have a few absolutely amazing bloggers guest post for me on Diethood!
Wait till you see what’s coming; cakes, breads, puddings, scones, etc… I think you will want to thank me in the end.
And, without further ado, I introduce to you the ever-so-wonderful, and oh-so-hilarious, Kita, author of one of the most delicious blogs I have come across, Pass The Sushi.
The first thing I thought when Katerina asked me to guest post on her site was, “Crap! I don’t have any awesome wooden backgrounds like she does to take pretty pictures!” Then I thought, “Crap! What do I make for a blog like Katerina’s?”
Told you she was funny!!
Ok, not real panic, more like a comical panic because when I think of Kate, and Kate’s blog, I think of soft beautiful desserts. Breads that fill your house with that amazing smell while baking, colorful fruits that are healthy and delicious, dangerous desserts that I could easily blame 5 pounds on, family, warmth, far away countries… The list goes on and on. And when I think of Pass the Sushi… Well, I think of explosions and chaos. (Hide it well don’t I?) 😉
So, I really, really tried to come up with a post that would be like something you would find on Diethood. I looked through the recipes and images I have stashed away for something, anything. But nothing felt right. I looked through a mountain of recipes I want to make… Still nothing. Meat pops, deep fried pork chops and mountains of pasta just would not fly around these parts!
Then I saw this beautiful recipe for cream cheese pound cake… and with a little finessing, I think it will fit right in here with all the other beautiful recipes on Diethood.
Lemon and Blueberry Cream Cheese Pound Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour plus 1 tbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 3 cups superfine sugar
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place rack in center of oven.
- Butter and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 3 – 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and juice and beat until incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the frozen blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour to coat; Fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes
- Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.